Future 180 Gallon Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah - forgot the humping i did with my 1" thick acrylic.

Well I had an awesome time moving this 180 gallon. It was about 5 of us to load and only 3 to unload. I used the wheels of the brute cans to assist with the unloading.

Thought Ild post some updated pictures. What a difference acouple months make. My Xenias have taken over.

My 2 RBTA have turned into 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1389428714820.jpg
    1389428714820.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 1389428754724.jpg
    1389428754724.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 114
  • 1389428778636.jpg
    1389428778636.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 70
Thought Ild post some updated pictures. What a difference acouple months make. My Xenias have taken over.

My 2 RBTA have turned into 4.

Looks awesome! Any chance u want to sell one of the anemones? I have two clarkii that need a great home!

Not right now. I dont want to mess with them. They have stayed in the same spot I put them in.

Do you like your Clarkiis? I was thinking about getting some, but was hesitant to put them with my Tomato clowns.

Smart move using the brute wheels to move the tank. I'll have to remember that trick.

The only thing I dont like about them is that they spawn regularly and they shake up the sand really bad and form a sand storm in my tank.

Very true, especially as they get larger. it took four of us to lift my 240g glass and I bet an acrylic tank the same size could be lifted by one person.

My 155 acrylic 1" thick is about 250 lbs and takes four to move

I've noticed I have salt creep on both drain pipes and a little salt creep on both return pipes. Should I try tightening them more? Or would that cause it to leak?

I've noticed I have salt creep on both drain pipes and a little salt creep on both return pipes. Should I try tightening them more? Or would that cause it to leak?

what do you mean by Salt creep? It sounds like u may be using screw in connectors without plumbers tape. Recommend you get some plumber tape and redo seat your connections.

Dried up salt is appearing on the outside of the DT where the pipes connect. I tried to upload a picture but it says I reached my limit. I dont remember using the tape I'll try that to see if it stops. Thanks.

Should I be concerned about this? It showed up this morning. It's also on my glass.

I do have snails. I just cut that monticap frag acouple days ago.

Thought I'ld post these before and after pictures.

This is how it was when I went to buy it off of a Craigslist posting

This is one month after.

And this is it now. 6 months later.

Some random pictures showing my diy canopy. The one it came with put my lights too close to the water.

Back
Top Bottom