GBOY & NUNU 30 gal saltwater build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you soo much severum mama, thats exactly what i was looking for. i need to find out where to place my 4 acros. i like the birdsnest the most out of any of my sps, its growing well too. if your looking for a lps, go with an acan, they are really pretty and open up to filter feed. i love spot feeding mine. i started to like sps because of the polyps extending on acropora. i still like my lps more though.

Everything sounds great you guys!! congrats!

Lol thanks dude! Severum did give some gret information! Hopefully our new light will support a birdsnest... Could you post a pic of yours adam?

Nu nu, I've kept green birdsnest with less light than what you'll have after upgrade. Imo it will be fine. Place in top half of tank.

severum mama said:
Nu nu, I've kept green birdsnest with less light than what you'll have after upgrade. Imo it will be fine. Place in top half of tank.

Oh very cool! I would like to get one, but i really want a hammer coral, and i know those will be fine. Do clowns host frogspawn or hammer coral? I think they do..

Thought i'd put up some pics...:)

Attachments

• image-2481454764.jpg
    image-2481454764.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 93
  • image-97283751.jpg
    image-97283751.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 89
  • image-1877337365.jpg
    image-1877337365.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 113
  • image-1154011147.jpg
    image-1154011147.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3979813561.jpg
    image-3979813561.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 90
  • image-817792334.jpg
    image-817792334.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1031704143.jpg
    image-1031704143.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 104
  • image-904733065.jpg
    image-904733065.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 77
  • image-1494193222.jpg
    image-1494193222.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1722234885.jpg
    image-1722234885.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 87
They can host one, but it's not for sure. They can really pair up with anything. I saw one in a video with a leather coral.

needmorecowbell said:
They can host one, but it's not for sure. They can really pair up with anything. I saw one in a video with a leather coral.

Yeah i have a pic of one doin that!! Very cool...think we could get a toadstool next?

needmorecowbell said:

Mine hosted my toadstool

I think you have added a lot of stuff since your tank finished cycling, and that you should slow down, let your tank get more established, and get a little more experience under your belt. I got overconfident as a beginner and paid the price... shoot for cautious optimism. ;)

severum mama said:
I think you have added a lot of stuff since your tank finished cycling, and that you should slow down, let your tank get more established, and get a little more experience under your belt. I got overconfident as a beginner and paid the price... shoot for cautious optimism. ;)

Coral, shrimp, crabs, and snails have a very light bioload which I think their tank can handle. The clown was added 2 weeks ago aswell. And their tank was cycled about a month ago. TBH I think they aren't rushing, they have no dead livestock or ammo or trites. But I wouldnt add a fish for another 2 weeks.

severum mama said:

Just thinking in the future, im not going to buy it this week, or even this month.

Plus, after ordering this light, we will have a nice cash balance of $0.00...lol

Coral, shrimp, crabs, and snails have a very light bioload which I think their tank can handle. The clown was added 2 weeks ago aswell. And their tank was cycled about a month ago. TBH I think they aren't rushing, they have no dead livestock or ammo or trites. But I wouldnt add a fish for another 2 weeks.

I realize all this. I've been following the threads just as you have. My opinion is based on the same information that you just posted.

needmorecowbell said:
Don't you hate when that happens lol. The toadstool would be great when you get the light.

Dont they get like huge? I have seen some massive ones that dont seem fit for a 30!

They do get huge, eventually. Many corals do. Google some fragging videos if you're curious... you'll need to learn how to do it eventually. LOL

severum mama said:
They do get huge, eventually. Many corals do. Google some fragging videos if you're curious... you'll need to learn how to do it eventually. LOL

Haha, i actually saw one last night on a different thread..he fragged a frogspawn! It was pretty cool!

Does a toadstool shoot off different parts? Or does it just grow up and out as one piece? Im not sure how i'd frag somthing like that in the future..

Gboy66 said:
Dont they get like huge? I have seen some massive ones that dont seem fit for a 30!

I've got a full grown leather in my 25g tank that frags himself every 1-2 months. It's the one at the bottom right

Attachments

• image-3933650386.jpg
    image-3933650386.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1334202052.jpg
    image-1334202052.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 89
Ibrahim said:
I've got a full grown leather in my 25g tank that frags himself every 1-2 months. It's the one at the bottom right

That dude is sick! Very nice! How do you frag him? Does he shoot off another section?

Also, are leathers sps? Or lps?

Leathers are softies.

That's a nice leather, but it is not "full grown" and it's not going to stop growing. The dropping pieces off of itself is just a method of propagation. It doesn't mean that it is fully grown.

Redirect Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom