GBOY & NUNU 30 gal saltwater build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UH OH! we found our frogspawn on the sand bed! It had fallen over..

Will this harm it? We replaced it, but it is all closed and limp..darn!

It's just "angry". LOL. It should get over it and open up later this evening or tomorrow.

Have you seen the Marineland epoxy? That might be a good option for keeping the frogspawn where you want it.

following :) if you didnt purchase it already, superglue gel, epoxy, and eggcrate are great to have. especially eggcrate lol

severum mama said:
It's just "angry". LOL. It should get over it and open up later this evening or tomorrow.

Have you seen the Marineland epoxy? That might be a good option for keeping the frogspawn where you want it.

Lol i think so! Its starting to do a little bit better..

Ill look into it! I think we will start to glue frags once we are sure that it is doing well in the spot we have it

needmorecowbell said:
following :) if you didnt purchase it already, superglue gel, epoxy, and eggcrate are great to have. especially eggcrate lol

Hey! Yea? Do you use the eggcrate to make those frag racks?

ya it works great too. i would check youtube for it. if you can find black eggcrate, get it. algae doesnt show up as much on it.

needmorecowbell said:
ya it works great too. i would check youtube for it. if you can find black eggcrate, get it. algae doesnt show up as much on it.

Nice!! Thanks man!

Just saw my cleaner shrimp attack my peppermint shrimp. The cleaner is like twice the size of the peppermit..

Is this wierd?

You are correct. I am growing various SPS in the top 1/3 of my tank. I have:
Montipora Capricornis, Red/Orange - Aquacultured, ORA

Humilis Acropora Coral

Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Acropora clathrata

A "Sour-Apple" birdsnest (the easier type) and one other acro, that I can't seem to find a close picture of on LA.

Most of my SPS are the "easier" SPS corals except the Acro's - honestly the one I can't find a pic of is doing well, and the other one pictured I just got this past weekend.

TLTGF said:
You are correct. I am growing various SPS in the top 1/3 of my tank. I have:
Montipora Capricornis, Red/Orange - Aquacultured, ORA

Humilis Acropora Coral

Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Acropora clathrata

A "Sour-Apple" birdsnest (the easier type) and one other acro, that I can't seem to find a close picture of on LA.

Most of my SPS are the "easier" SPS corals except the Acro's - honestly the one I can't find a pic of is doing well, and the other one pictured I just got this past weekend.

Cool!! Thats good news!

We set up our timers, with..
Antics: 8am-8 pm
Whites: 9am-7pm

Man thats great! Having a better light really opens up the amout of corals available! Haha

Anyways, my peppermint and cleaner shrimp hate eachother.... Is this normal?!

Hmmmm, I have seen my Fire Shrimp chase my Cleaners out of the way, but not attacking them. My Peppermiint always hides so he is always out of the picture, LOL.

Just a guess.....Maybe if you added more rock they wouldn't fight (maybe they are fighting over territory?)

Good luck!!

redsea said:
Hmmmm, I have seen my Fire Shrimp chase my Cleaners out of the way, but not attacking them. My Peppermiint always hides so he is always out of the picture, LOL.

Just a guess.....Maybe if you added more rock they wouldn't fight (maybe they are fighting over territory?)

Good luck!!

Ohh okay thanks. They will both go for some food and the cleaner will just towards the peppermint really fast and he gets scared and goes to hide...maybe i will get a fire shrimp to scare my cleaner! Haha thanks

If you plan on keeping the corals that you currently have long term, you need to be replacing bulbs and upgrading that light first thing. IME PC lighting is insufficient to support even the simple SPS you have long term - especially with old bulbs. As severum stated, continuing to use the fixture with old bulbs after you add the other light is also not good, as it will promote algae issues.

Wy Renegade said:
If you plan on keeping the corals that you currently have long term, you need to be replacing bulbs and upgrading that light first thing. IME PC lighting is insufficient to support even the simple SPS you have long term - especially with old bulbs. As severum stated, continuing to use the fixture with old bulbs after you add the other light is also not good, as it will promote algae issues.

Yea, thats why we were looking at getting the new fixture. I WOULD have both ontop of tge tank an replace the bulbs, but j am not sure how i would have both fixtures on top

Gboy66 said:
Yea, thats why we were looking at getting the new fixture. I WOULD have both ontop of tge tank an replace the bulbs, but j am not sure how i would have both fixtures on top

Measure the PCs and if it's 5" wide or less it'll fit.

I think the pc is 5 inches or less.... I cant measure it because i am at school, but when i get home i will. Problem is, that would be very hard to take off the glass hood because there will be 2 lights on top.
If we did fit both lights on top, would that mean our lighting is significantly better?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I think the pc is 5 inches or less.... I cant measure it because i am at school, but when i get home i will. Problem is, that would be very hard to take off the glass hood because there will be 2 lights on top.
If we did fit both lights on top, would that mean our lighting is significantly better?

Yep it will be much better. I don't have a glass hood on mine since my lights have splash protectors.

Ibrahim said:
Yep it will be much better. I don't have a glass hood on mine since my lights have splash protectors.

Ooohh okay thanks. So i guess we will try and buy it tonight if they would both fit on the hood. Corals seem to be doing well even with our low lighting. The frogspawn is definitly growing, but idk about the candycane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom