Getting Rid Of Phosphates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am looking for help on how to lower my phosphates to solve all problems that could be causing it. I have implemented 3 ways I plan to battle my phosphates. I use ro/di water with brand new filters. My tank is a 25 gallon nano reef.

So my phosphates must be high in my tank so I am doing all I can to correct the issues, I have gotten rid of the cyno algae however the green hair algae is still all over my tank. I decided to go with a product called Pura Phoslock , its a phosphate remover that last 6 months and doesnt allow the phosphates to leak out later down the line.

I also started feeding every other day to reduce organic waste.

Finally I have converted my AC70 into a fuge with chaeto to help reduce nitrates and phosphates as well.

Thank you very much for any help you can offer.

I would make sure you were having phosphate problems. Get a test kit. Nitrates can cause algea problems also.

That will do it. I would think if you do PWC`s with that RO/DI unit you will really cut into the phosphate number. The feeding every other day thing will work also.

Back
Top Bottom