Getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think I lion fish would be great since I can't put other small fishes cuz they'll eat them.

Ok um go to liveaquaria. Look at some fish. They have a good general requirements listing under each fish. Use that as a guideline. Then post some of the fish you like here

I recently came home from the aquarium store and I found what I wanted but still making decisions and doing research. I found the 45 gallon that I wanted but I also found a 90 gallon and a 33 gallon that I also like. Many people say that the bigger the better but my budget is low. My dad wants the maximum price point to be $1100 or under before the fishes and I don't know if that's possible. Btw I'm 14. The protein skimmer, filter, heater, and RODI is $600 already. What should I do? And what would you do? Go for the 33, 45 or 95 gallon? And why?

I think 45 or 90. It all depends on what kind of fish you want. If you get a 90, you can have a couple types of tangs I believe. The $1100 minutes fish budget is very doable though.

I know how it feels to be limited by your parents when you are young. Mine put a max of $300 on my 20 minus fish.

You could do a kole or tomini in a 90 but with that price limit the 45 would be easier to get nice equipment for.

You guys make a good point, I just did some online browsing to see what it would cost and the 45 gallon would be significantly cheaper at $950 before tax and the 90 gallon would cost $1400 before tax.

Do I need a refugium or am I fine withe just a protein skimmer, filter and live rock?

Is Hydor a good company for protein skimmers?

Hob, cuz ill won't have a sump, what about those in tank ones?

Okay, I researched all about saltwater fishes now. Can you give me like a quiz please?

Back
Top Bottom