good salt mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just switched from cora-life salt to Red Sea's Pro coral mix - stuff in the purple bin. All the levels are high enough that I really dont have to dose anymore in my 12g LPS and softie tank.

I love it though I had some issues mixing originally, found out that you just need to mix it for 3-12 hours with a power head if you go longer it can sometimes cause some of the elements to bind together and either float at the top or sink to te bottom of your mixing container. But a quick email to the company and they gave me a quick answer with those steps

any reef grade salt mix will work fine for you. reef crystals, oceanic, D&D h2ocean, tropic marin, coralife, red sea, seachem reef salt, etc. they will all do a decent job.

I used to make 75g at a time a few years ago and be able to store it for a whole month by just running a circ pump, heater and topping off with RO to keep the right salinity. The LFS I work at keeps theres for 2-3 weeks before its completely sold off

Ok thanks, I am though making the water for Saturdays change, just a bit concerned that I am making it in two 5 gal jugs, n the salinity will be off, should I just mix it all together from here on end?

Back
Top Bottom