Green long hair algae turning brown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mr_X said:
sounds good to me. it's dying off for some reason. what changes have been made recently?

None at all almost all of the long hair algae is gone and now a really fuzzy bright green algae is starting to grow... But this is only 24 days after start up and I know that I'm going to have a lot of changes but I was a little worried due to being new at this hobby also seeing a lot of clear tenical looking this starting to pop up any clue what they could be

clear tentacle-looking things sounds to me like a different issue entirely. can you take a picture? if not, google "aptasia anemone images" and tell me if they are familiar.

mr_X said:
clear tentacle-looking things sounds to me like a different issue entirely. can you take a picture? if not, google "aptasia anemone images" and tell me if they are familiar.

Now I know why every one says your the man and yes it is aiptasia...is this something I should take actions to? Kind of looks cool but there is lots of them... One more thing when toping off my tank and doing water changes is it ok if I have a little flex in my salt? And yes not adding salt for my top offs

they sting fish and corals, they are infact awesome looking but they are bad news if you want to keep then get a little nano tank and put them in there alone and gawk at them :)

i would kill them off with something like a vinegar or lemon juice injection, or kalkwasser paste. they tend to reproduce rapidly, sting corals, and IMO, they are ugly!

Back
Top Bottom