Heater Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alaher2

Aquarium Advice Activist
The directions for the heater say that the heater should be placed either vertically or horizontally, but my questions is if you are able to place the heater on an angle? The reason I ask is because I don't have enough room in my sump for my heater to be placed vertically or horizontally, but it would fit just fine if it's placed on an angle. Any ideas?

I tend to agree with the rest, but I would check the directions of your heater, some can be placed vertically/horizontally/diagonally. What brand of heater?

thanks guys for the reassurance. Also, the heater I believe is a Marineland Stealth heater.

Yeah i dont see why this would be a problem I have 3 heaters in my sump and they are placed at an angle, and no problems yet. Some lfs have theres this way as well, and i have never heard of any problems.

I just received an email from the heater manufacturer and it states that the heater will be completely functional on an angle as it were horizontal or vertical. The only difference is there are more stresses applied to the heater if it is placed on angle, so if a rock falls on it then it is more susceptible to breaking.

Back
Top Bottom