hello everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbytomarines

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my new hobby, with a 128l boyu tank, I was wondering if my rocks r set up properly and how to stop my fish fighting, only two fish but cant get pic of new one as he hiding, all help and advise greatly appreciated

ForumRunner_20130815_000407.jpg

ForumRunner_20130815_000424.jpg

ForumRunner_20130815_000435.jpg

ForumRunner_20130815_000452.jpg

ForumRunner_20130815_000525.jpg

ForumRunner_20130815_000538.jpg

ForumRunner_20130815_000557.jpg

ForumRunner_20130815_000616.jpg

ForumRunner_20130815_000651.jpg

Looks good to me. As for your fish it looks like the little black one is a domino damsel, they are know for being nasty little fish who can be aggressive. What does your new one look like? Fish compatibility is very important so it's best to research each one you buy to avoid problems down the track.

I got them both from my lfs, they said they b fine together, it as pinky/orange colour with spots and the odd black and white stripe on it fins, he is also long and narrow, I ordered some frags and r coming this week which I cant wait for :)

Don't believe everything your fish store tells you! Remember they are there to make money ;) check out some of the many threads on here about aggressive damselfish and check out live aquaria for fish compatibility - every other fish you add from here could be bullied to death (and that's not an exaggeration) it's always good to know the name of the species of fish you keep so you can properly care for them, live aquaria can help you identify the fish you have...

They only sell marine fish, so though they b reliable? I will take a pic tomorrow if I can get him out of the rock,
If I was to rearange my rock would it help?

ForumRunner_20130815_022606.jpg

Thats him in the bag, he called spanish ...... I wish I wrote it down now,

Yeh I will get one tomorrow I hasnt moved and I am afraid he might die,
I got this coral today for half price, I was wondering how often should I target feed it, want it to be a bit bigger when I get my clown fish in 2-3 weeks

ForumRunner_20130815_024854.jpg
And is it eating sometging? It looks like sand,
I tried to get another photo but he wont move just can see the back half of his body, he under the shrimo who seem to be bullying him too, I want him to survive

ForumRunner_20130815_025044.jpg

Good morning everyone, my fish looks alot happier this morning here a pic if them all, can anyone name mt new fish??

ForumRunner_20130815_071311.jpg

ForumRunner_20130815_071323.jpg

ForumRunner_20130815_071335.jpg

Thanks again for any help, or advice :)

It might be a spanish hogfish.

A few questions. How did you cycle your tank? Also, how long has this tank been set up? What kind of equipment do you have? What is your light?

It seems waaaay too early in your tanks life to be adding a nem to it and it will most likely die if it stays in.

I have had this tank 6months now,
So has been true it cycle and all water levels as they should pet, and yes I think that what the lfs said he was, a spanish hogfish, he loojs happy enoigh now, the shrimo r leaving him alone and he seems more relaxed in my tank, and he eat this morning :) if he starts to look unwell again I will take him back to my lfs

I have had this tank 6months now,
So has been true it cycle and all water levels as they should pet, and yes I think that what the lfs said he was, a spanish hogfish, he loojs happy enoigh now, the shrimo r leaving him alone and he seems more relaxed in my tank, and he eat this morning :) if he starts to look unwell again I will take him back to my lfs

What about the equipment on your tank including lights?

What exactly are the parameters of your tank?

nitrate and nitrite r 0, ph8.0, salt readings a bit high at 1.026,
I have to white t5 bulbs and 2bkue t5 bulbs and a night light
Everything seems ok in my tank at present :)

Back
Top Bottom