HELP!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason M

Aquarium Advice Freak
I MEANT TO DOSE AMMONIA IN MY TANK WHILE IT'S CYCLING BUT WASN'T paying attention and accidently put in a another cleaner. Will this kill all my bavtetia? I'm doing a total SHer change right now

The dollar store sells this stiff call awesome cleaner. It's hasnt any bleach or anything but it. Strong. I changed my entire tank out atleast I am still cycling. Just don't want to have to start over. Atleast my tank is pretty clean now

Wow... yeah... you might want to do some extra leg work to make sure that stuff is out of there... and TBH, I'm not even sure where to start. It being bleach free doesn't really help much, it's all the other chemicals. Maybe look it up on poison control or something? But depending on what is in it, it could leech into your sand and rock and stay there... coming out months later for little reason to kill your fish and what not.

I don't have sand yet bit I was concerned about it getting into love rock. I was going to rinse them off but not only a pain it would be but it would probably do nothing. I pulled all the water out within 10 minutes and immediatly turned off all circulation and it wasn't to much that I put in. This is my first tank and am really hitting my head over this

Yeah... you shouldn't have anything near your tank ever. Something small could destroy everything. I wasn't happy to find a dead assassin beetle floating on the top of mine the other day. Never know what could poison the tank.

Start running carbon to help take out any residue in the tank. I am not for sure what awesome has in it but is says it is biodegradable which is somewhat good news.

Last edited:
joy13 said:
Start running carbon to help take out any residue in the tank. I am not for sure what awesome has in it but is days it is biodegradable which is somewhat good news.

+1 on the carbon,....it may be your best friend at this point

Back
Top Bottom