help!! algea!! I think.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another thing I see in your picture is that your PH's are all on one side of the tank. It may be better to have at least one on the far side of the tank to creat an irratic water flow in the tank. Also if the PH's are blowing up the sand you are getting a constant feed of new organic matter in the tank due to this.

The sand was "live sand" and with the ph's on that side of the tank I finally got them to stop blowing the sand around and the current continually sweeps the crap straight up to my overflow.

also with the ph's on that side I have a strong flow on the right and a medium to low flow on the left and as far as I can tell I have no dead spots.
the seaweed on the far left has a great back and forth sway to it and so does my frogspawn.

during about the 3rd week of my cycle I had a pretty bad diatoms outbreak and I just did what everyone adviced and turned the lights out and it went away.

When I do my pwc tomorrow I will take all new readings again in the tank and the new batch of water and let ya'll know.

Back
Top Bottom