Help me purchase the right HOB Overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mnestroy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Background: I am attempting to build a sump for my 40 Gallon Breeder. I have a 20L which I will use for my sump.

I have a Remora Pro HOB that I will put on the side of the sump. and a Eheim 1262 Pump (900GPH)

My understanding of overflows is very limited, so please help me purchase the right one... (and correct me if bigger isnt better)..

It is my understanding that an HOB Overflow can only drain as much water the return pump can put into the tank? So would it hurt if I purchase a high rated overflow like the CPR CS102 with (two 1" drains, rated at 1400GPH)??

If my pump is gona return lets say 700GPH (after head loss etc) will the CS102 overflow be a problem?

1. Will it make more noise than if i get a smaller unit?

Thanks

It sounds like you've got it figured out. The over-rated overflow will work fine. I'm not sure if it would make more noise or not.

The only down side (that I can think of) of having an overflow that is rated too high is that it may be bigger than necessary and take up more tank room than necessary.

Back
Top Bottom