How do Marlin and Nemo sleep because i didn't.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InfernoST

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi Guys
We now have Marlin and Nemo in the tank as of yesterday, they were very frisky, they ate well then it was time for bed. About 2 hrs after i shut off the I went down to check up on them and found Marlin in the bottom corner positioned vertically and Nemo on his side at the surface both doing a very slight wiggle. Needless to say I checked on them every hour and found them in the same spots doing the same thing. I turned on the light this morning waited 30 minutes then fed them, they ate up everything appear perfectly happy wobbling away together. Is this normal behavior for Percula Clowns? If it is (they have a strange sense of humor), it aint funny, I was worried about them all night.

Thank god, I was A Scared? They really are clowns aren't they? NOT FUNNY GO TO TIME OUT!!!!!:whip:
OK now I feel better.:D

Thanks Roka

Yep, the way they swim is how they got the name, because they look clownish.

This is a night time picture of my maroon clown sleeping. I wish I could go to sleep on a soft bubble coral. LOL
100_0638.JPG

That's an awesome shot, does he look comfortable or what. Mike in your opinion how long should I wait to get an anemone for them?

You want a mature tank, maybe 3 months or more, this will give your system time to settle down. Remember, there is no guarantee they will host one....

You want a mature tank, maybe 3 months or more, this will give your system time to settle down. Remember, there is no guarantee they will host one....
Thanks Scott, whether or not they do it would be a cool addition either way.

I always try to suggest about at least 6 months. That way your tank will be more stable and the anenome will go through less stress. As Scott mentioned there is no guarantee. I bought one way back and both my clowns ignored it for other corals. Good luck with the tank.

Back
Top Bottom