how much cleaning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwaternewbie12

Aquarium Advice Freak
how much cleaning of the tank and filter should I do when switching from freshwater to salt water? I'm planning to use my existing canister filter but was wondering if I should clean the little ceramic tubes etc inside...or do I even need that stuff? Thanks!

I switched from Fresh to Salt about a year ago. What size tank is it and what kind of filter are you running??

Just rinse everything with water and let air dry. Your filter should be MORE than enough which is good.

I was just a little afraid because the tubing appears to have some sort of funk in it....I did rinse it, so I'm hoping if it is still there the salt will kill it off.....

To remove the gunk, You could always soak the tubing in vinegar water- it's a natural acid. Just rinse VERY well after.

I was just a little afraid because the tubing appears to have some sort of funk in it....I did rinse it, so I'm hoping if it is still there the salt will kill it off.....

When I converted from freshwater to saltwater I had the same problem I rinsed the tubes hoping it would clean it but nope the gunk
and algae was still there and looked ugly.I was going to buy some new tubes but then decided to buy a brush tube for aquariums
And worked like a charm they look like new :) easier and cheaper. Hoped I helped

Back
Top Bottom