how much water does a clown fish need

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No maroons need a 30g and of above and for two of them you need at least 60g

No the gold strip maroon gets about 4 inches and yeah u can , a 60 and a above

Idk about that maybe the wild ones I got my info from saltwaterfish.com and alot of my buddys say thy same thing so I'm not sure u could be right or I could be lol

LFS has a maroon that is at over 5 inches and is probably closer to 6, about 25 years old and lives by itself in a 90 gallon tank. So they do get big and mean.

Their are aggressive and yeah come on now 25 years old any fish with grow if lived that long if u by a fish the chances of the fish living that long is slim to none and it took 25 yeArs for it to grow 5 inches so think about that

There are no dwarf species.

The same store has a percula clown fish about the same and it is about 3 inches.

To get back to the root question. It really depends on the clownfish. Some species don't get quite as big as others. Other ones aren't quite as aggressive as others. fishman3, did you specifically want a maroon, or any clownfish? How big of a tank do you have? There isn't any that would live happily, or even live at all healthily in a 5.5G if that is the only SW tank you have.

I agree with nxb161 5.5 in saltwater terms is basically Nuthing maybe 1 damsel and a crab a maybe a shrimp that's about it

Their are aggressive and yeah come on now 25 years old any fish with grow if lived that long if u by a fish the chances of the fish living that long is slim to none and it took 25 yeArs for it to grow 5 inches so think about that
it doesn't take 25 years for a maroon clown to reach maturity.

Let's keep this calm, but I have to agree with x on this one. An animal may live for 20 years, but may be full grown in 6 or even earlier than that.

Back
Top Bottom