How to set up my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineEddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so I have my tank and I am ready to start cycling it, the only problem is that I can't fond a good website telling me how to do it and what to use (chemicals etc.) Can anyone give me a step by step guide including all the necessary things or tell me the link to a good website
Thanks in advance, Eddy

Hi, Eddy I believe there is a Link on the website that tells you how to start your setup and Cycle- Once you begin mixing your salt adding your sand (if any) and LR or Base rock- you would go to your local grocery store and pick up a couple large pieces of Raw Shrimp this will kick start your cycle and it should last awhile 2 to4 weeks is usually the norm just depends of your using like MB7 or adding LR from an Established system. HTH. Hopefully someone will come along with the Link.

I think whatever is dead (Not Human Flesh) that will help kick start the Ammonia process- I can't remember I haven't cycled in 3 years...LOL

You can use pure Ammonia to start the cycle it's easyer too, just dose to 4 ppm just make sure it's pure.shake the bottle if it bubbles or foams it's no good as it has some stuff added I'll look for that link too

Back
Top Bottom