Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-18-2015, 01:45 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeButch View Post
Very nice PB_Smith! I might have to look into that.
thanks
for the last few days I have been enjoying a population explosion of the tisbe pods (those really tiny white ones) in my system.
Every morning when the light comes on it looks like a little snowstorm with all the little buggers swimming around and they are crawling all over everything.

Old 07-19-2015, 01:09 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

So what do they like and what to do for them special to make them produce more???

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:51 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

So for one a lot of it is just adding more Copepoda as time goes on until your population is big enough to sustain itself. I dose mine with roughly a mL of Phyto Feast daily and for right now that is it. I am noticing more production but I'm still waiting to see a lot more before I make any real judgements.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 07-19-2015, 11:19 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
So what do they like and what to do for them special to make them produce more???
honestly, not a single thing. I think I'm enjoying success because I seeded it with so many and different types. They just eat the algae in the refugium and I assume whatever micro fragments of food make it into the refugium.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:49 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Just an update for the night, I had left the lights off and brought out a flashlight and the population is growing fast. I have 2 more shipments of copepods to add and then I believe it will be ready to start adding the bags to the tank.

Also sometime this week my brine shrimp "factory" should be arriving and I've constructed a very nice device to implement the baby brine to the tank. More updates to come.

Old 07-27-2015, 03:28 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

Another update... The Chaeto in my refugium has been growing for a weed so I've decided to move more of it to my 5 gallon tank. As I inspected the 5 gallon tank when the lights were down and the growth of copepods and amphipods is phenomenal. I will continue to get more bags and put the Chaeto in them and transfer those to the tank so there will be an ongoing source of food to eat.

Tags
breed, breeding, copepod, star, start, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com