Instsnt ocean help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshpwolf

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been using instant ocean from a bag I bought. I recently bought a bucket of instant ocean and it didnt mix the same. I can see white specks floating in the water that were never there with my bag stuff. My question is this normal ? Will there be white specs floating in may tank after water change? Salt has been mixing for about 26 hrs.with powerhead, sg is 1.024

The bucket of salt may have gotten some moisture in it or maybe it was just not mixed well in the bucket and it settled in layers. :-(

I use I/O reef crystals mostly and haven't had any issue with white floaters or with mixing. Your salt should be totally dissolved by now, after 26 hours.....

carey said:
The bucket of salt may have gotten some moisture in it or maybe it was just not mixed well in the bucket and it settled in layers. :-(

I use I/O reef crystals mostly and haven't had any issue with white floaters or with mixing. Your salt should be totally dissolved by now, after 26 hours.....

Im guessing not safe to use right

I would think it would be fine I can't imagine what could be wrong with a brand new bucket of salt. Or any salt for that matter.Just check you parameters if there ok you should be fine.

It's probably fine. Just test the alk and calcium.
Did you put the salt in 1st and then add water or did you have the water in the container and add the salt to that?

ccCapt said:
It's probably fine. Just test the alk and calcium.
Did you put the salt in 1st and then add water or did you have the water in the container and add the salt to that?

Water then the salt

I use IO and it sometimes has some white specks; I just mix it for a use few hours with a pump and use it - specks and all

Back
Top Bottom