Introduced New Blenny- Pseudochromis Giving Him a HARD Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptainQuet

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

Since I last posted my wife and I have become pretty good owners- our water levels are all good and our fish and coral are happy and healthy.

HOWEVER we just bought a new Scooter Dragonet (see attached) and our Purple Pseudochromis (PP) will NOT leave him alone. He keeps picking at him. He leaves him alone for a little while but then heads back for more. I want to make sure Scooter has time to loose some stress and relax from the journey but he can't with all this bullying.

I read elsewhere that some fish, particuarly PP, will give a hard time to new fish for a day or two before getting comfortable with them and leave them alone. Any advise? I'd hate to have to get rid of either.

I should point out that I have had the new scooter for only about 3 hours, so I MIGHT be over-reacting a bit.

THANKS!!!

-Rob

Attachments

• Picture 1258.jpg
    Picture 1258.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 118
I had a PP that was given to me bc he was harassing his tank mates. I thought new surroundings would calm him down but it didn't. He harassed the other fish, shrimp and even snails. I think it might just be the species. Good luck. :)

Thansk trackfast.
Anyone else? I turned off the lights to let everyone cool down. If by Tuesday PP can't learn to get along I may have to isolate and think about moving him.

honestly, i don't like any of those pseudos...grammas, bi colors..purples..they are all nasty IME.
do you have enough pods for that scooter? your aware that it may not eat prepared foods, right?

Yeah, we stocked with pods and the seller told us he has been accepting frozen pods as well, which we have. Still, if PP doesn't let him live we may have to start thinking of what to do next.

I do like aggressive fish so I do like Pseudo's, but they are indeed a pain with livestock. Try adding a decor of sorts, rearranging rock work, using a mirror on outside so it pays attention to its reflection, or add a bubble wand to disrupt behavior patterns. You can also use food ration intervals and change the lighting schedule up for a week. if they weren't so peeerty.

PP is still poking at him, but he seems to have slowed down a bit. We shifted the liverock around to make a new arrangement. I am stilll concerned but perhaps things are calming down.

Back
Top Bottom