Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-06-2005, 03:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to hornet Send a message via Yahoo to hornet
is this list ok

here is what i have and about to add a hippo tang i have a 100gal tank and have had no issues with the others plus its filled with live rock lots of it

1.blue koran angel
2.flame angel
3. (2) percula clowns
4.yellow tail damsel
5.(2) cleaner shrimp
6.hermit crab
7.hawaiian blue puffer
8.naso tang
9.yellow tang

this tank has been going for 3 years and i just recently added the puffer and the naso tang and the flame angel, been there for 3 weeks now and have had no issues the come to the top of the tank when i get home to eat.
they seem to know when i walk in the door my wife said they all come from the rock or behind it to come see me when i get home and they do not do that with anyone else. my buddy the blue koran will eat from my hand he is cool.

Old 05-06-2005, 05:56 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

A third tang in a 100? Hmmm... That seems like an awful lot of bioload. I'd love to have a third in my 120 but don't want them to suffer from overcrowding.

One of those tangs grows to 8", another 18" and the third would grow to 12". I think adding anything else (especially another tang) to the tank is asking for trouble. You have about 60" of (adult sized) fish already in your tank without adding another fish. I'd say let the ones you have grow out. I think you'll find you have plenty of fish!

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:58 PM   #3

i was thinking the same but me and the wife has been looking to get a 180 gal tank and transfer everything over and make the 100 gal a aggresive tank, we are looking to get it done next month but just thinking
Old 05-06-2005, 10:17 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Ya I would opt for a bigger tank with that crew anyway. 180 would still be a little cramped, you have some big fish there. I would expect some aggression.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:27 PM   #5

so its been a while since i have placed any new fish in my tank and with all the fish on the list everyone is getting along and very hearty

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com