it's crunch time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevefromga2000

Aquarium Advice Freak
alright everybody, it's crunch time for me.

just filed federal taxes, so i'm going to be ordering my stuff within the next two weeks. i need to get...

refugium, found one
refugium lights, found some
metal halide lights, still looking
uv sterilizer, found one

i am still confused about which lights to get. the problem is my location. i haven't gotten to actually look at any of the lights that i see for sale. any suggestions? i still need to worry about getting replacement parts if neccesary also. my price limit is up to $600, and my tank is 36" long (if that helps at all)

Lighting will depend on what type corals you want. If you are not going with high light corals then you might want to consider VHO`s which are my favorites and have a soft coral and LPS tank. But that is my tank. As I said you`ll need to sit down and do some planning.

i'm not sure what kind of corals i want to get yet, all i know is that i just don't want to limit myself. and yes, i do plan to go reef just as soon as i have the ability. right now, fowlr, but after i get the new lights set up and established, then i want to go reef.

Yes if you dont want to be limited then MH`s are the way. I wanted to mention that ebay has some great deals on MH`s.

Back
Top Bottom