Journey from FOWLR to Reef!! ^^

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it has been a while that I keep hearing napping from my tank.
at first i thought they were my hermits' shell hitting on the glass, but I found out everytime there is a napping sound, there's no hermits around the glass, and last night I spot some kind of small pistol shrimp like creature showing its claw and head from one of my LR, so now I believe I have a pistol shrimp.

XP just I never see it when light is on, well actually I never see it in my tank.
my red light didn't give me a clear look of it last night, will try it again today. XP

There is always hope.. ;D

I see my tiger pistol shrimp every once in a while when i catch him offgaurd while turning on the lights. He always jets back in to one of his holes though. Really awesome creature. I hear him all the time at night though. He is always snapping at something.. but as long as a i hear him doing that.. i know he is alive and well lol. And not dead and decaying somewhere under the sand lol.

There is always hope.. ;D

I see my tiger pistol shrimp every once in a while when i catch him offgaurd while turning on the lights. He always jets back in to one of his holes though. Really awesome creature. I hear him all the time at night though. He is always snapping at something.. but as long as a i hear him doing that.. i know he is alive and well lol. And not dead and decaying somewhere under the sand lol.

true~ hope I can see it soon.

so if you don't mine me asking what is your live stock list now, the tank looks great, I too am going from FOWLR to a Reef

so if you don't mine me asking what is your live stock list now, the tank looks great, I too am going from FOWLR to a Reef

^^ thanks

Here r what I have now

fishes: 2 clowns 1 neon goby 2 firefishes(1 killed by the other 2 I believe.)
inverts: 11 netrite snails 11 nass 7 hermits 2 peppermints
corals: green star polyps, pom pom xenia, yellow polys, clove polys, and tiny blue low light coral which I don't know the name and some polys that came with my LR

gonna add pink spotted watchman with pistol shrimp later

updated:
my snails r working so hard to clean off all my diatoms!! (happy)
my hermits keep molting to scare to **** of me......
my clowns r so funny they host a corner of my tank every night.
my neon goby finally know I m its owner and will come out for food.
firefish just love to nap off other fire tail.......
coraline algea keep growing slowly~ still nothing on the glass, all on the two pipes I got at the corner and on LR
believed mangroves started working since the roots r getting bigger and crazier~ alos nitrate dropped from forever 20 to 10, hopefully will get lower!!

Way to go! Your mangroves are kicking in fast.
PS: be caredful what you wish for...coralline on the glass..................

Back
Top Bottom