Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-05-2007, 11:34 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

I'm not sure the name of them, but I know what he's talking about. I live on the panhandle coast of FL & buy them all the time for bait or for cooking out. They are just plain old shrimp...you can get them for 3 or 4 dollars a dozen live.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Exactly, I took them out to be safe, could not bring myself to use them for bait. Let them go free, even thou I have a bait bucket full off my dock, I use everyday. This two seemed to do a good job for me. I seem to have cycled and added a few coral frags and a cleaner crew. I will catch some fish when weather gets better. Thanks for the help.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:09 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

what do you plan on catching to put in your aquarium?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:29 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

In my area I can always get a queen and french angel, a few coral banded shrimp. I may try a banded butterfly(hard to get the wild butterflys to eat in my experience). Then it is hit and miss after that, I sometimes see spanish hogfish, wrasses, gobies etc. I am going to the Bahamas on the 16th weather depending so I will have many more options there. I will get a rock beautty, and then whatever else I see that tickles my fancy. I know they are all diffucult with the corals. I only bought a few chep frags for this reason. I really enjoy the fish catching first. I like to catch the very small angels, more color and easier to train what to eat and I can get a few more. I will swap them out when they get bigger. This is my plan anyways. I have not had a tank or been catching fish for many years , growing up I always had a full tank and sold quite a few fish to the LFS. I am going to Hawaii for my honeymoon in March and have done some research on a dive there, then shipping them back. I have got conflicting info on if this is legal. I have a e-mail from one deparment over there saying it was legal, so I saved that to get me out of trouble if they catch my package.

Tags
rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com