Levels after cycle and adding new fish and cleanup crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I put one cube in for 2 shrimp, 6 fish and they still didn't eat it all, had to wait for the "night crew" to clean it up. I mix a little of a cube w/some shrimp, now.

You also have to take into account that some of those fish don't eat off the bottom. Sometimes my damsels will snatch some food off the bottom, but very rarely. They know the the "great hand" out of the water is where the food comes from...

princess4880 said:
Where can I find the article to build refugium? Only feed 1 cube frozen brine shrimp every other day.
If you don’t have a sump the easiest way to add a refugium is to get a HOB refugium.
www.melevsreef.com has examples on how to build one.

I feed about 1 to 1 1/2 cube every other day and I have a total of 15” total fish length. Breaking up your feedings to twice daily and every other day will give your fish enough time to consume everything in less then 3 minutes. If they do not consume everything within 3 minutes then I would reduce slightly until they do.

All you are doing by overfeeding is adding excess nutrients to your tank which break down to no3 and will give you headaches with algae blooms.

Brine shrimp is OK for occasional use but has very little nutritional value to your fish/inverts. As roka64 pointed out a variety is best for there diet. Read this post on the feeding requirements of SW fish.

Forgot to say that it is brine shrimp plus. Is this sufficient if not where is best place to get some vitamins and food. I have not had the extra time to read article yet but will when baby calms down. Thanks

The Brine shrimp plus is better then the regular but still is lacking in a good overall diet. Two of the best frozen mixed diet items IMO are Marine Cuisine Frozen & Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Frozen which you should be able to find at one of your lfs along with the vitamins. The post goes into a lot more detail but I know all too well how having a little one can slow you down :D

Clicking on the
icon_quote.gif
button is the easiest way which will quote the whole text and then you could just delete any text you didn’t want to quote.

Alternately you can format it yourself using bbcode:
Code:
[quote]this is a quote[/quote]

Using the Quick Reply buttons will place the code in the reply and close the code when you are done:
quickreply8zm.gif

As far as the refugium kit goes it wouldn’t be easier since you would have to deal with an overflow ($40+) from the tank but it would give you more water volume and a larger fuge.

It really depends on what you plan on using the fuge for and how much effort to build one you want to do.

Using the HOB fuge is fine for most applications and you already have enough lr to handle your biological filtration.

Having a sump/fuge below the tank will give you about 5+ times the volume that the HOB would and if slightly overstocked or if battling no3/po4 often then it would be worth the effort of having a larger fuge which would export no3/po4 in larger quantities.

Back
Top Bottom