Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-23-2005, 10:07 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

i brought it back to the LFS that i got it from last week. he said that it will be a couple weeks, since he has to give it back to his supplier and the supplier has to send it to the manfucaturer, or something like that. anyways, i called him yesterday and he told me the guy didn't even pick it up yet.

is it really hard to fix/replace the ballast, or should i just wait it out? i really hate that LFS. the owner is greedy as hell and tries to pick every penny of mine and then gives me bad advice. i can't wait until this whole ordeal with the light is over so i never have to see him again.

Clean-up Crew: 2 snails, 1 crab
proverbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 11:39 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
8O I would wait it out.. Do you have a light at all?? 8O
what would the LFS owner have done if you had corals? (symbiotic algae coarls of course)
did he not have any units for sale?
ie return for the same product? I suppose not...
WOW.. definatly stop dealing with him ASAP..

He could have at least offered a resonable solution to the problem..

fixing the ballast would not be in my relm of knolege.. (I'm not a electrical engenering technition)
and I wouldnt try fixing the unit personaly untill the retailer refused to take it back (in my case thats usually after at least 5 years of good use of a product so warrtees would be expired with electrionics)
and most people just replace equipment that I repair (filters, pumps, impellers right about eveything but the motor in the housing) I was young and lets say had a lack of funds when I got into the hobby..
so.. long story short.. I sometimes say things that I probibly should keep to myself.. such as cracking open a fixture that could be returned (without thinking about its age becase most all of my stuff is too old to return) now that I think about it, all of my equipment is old
in other words.. I appoligize for my remarks earlier.. my curriousity about the Jebo units should involve me purchasing one and dismantiling it myself to see how messed up they really are if I really want to know whats wrong with them.. (If the MH units were cheaper, yea Im that cheap..lol, I would have actually done this by now most likely)

I really hope you can get this resolved swifty..

Old 12-27-2005, 04:27 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

well, still wating it out. hopefully i can get it by the end of this week but knowing this guy, i won't get it for another 2 weeks. i really don't know what he would have done if i had corals but i can guarantee he would say, "why don't you just buy another tank?" that's how the guy is. i just found a small lamp i can use temporarily. its pretty small and doesn't work very well with the tank, but its the only option i have.
i bought everything from him about 3 months ago and already had a many issues with everything he sold me.

Clean-up Crew: 2 snails, 1 crab
proverbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulb, light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com