Lighting frustrations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My club did a meeting with a lighting expert he was a scientist from Penn state he gave a slide show on his swap from t5 to led on a 500 gal system he found it was not cheaper much cheaper in the long run. He also said the led made his coral growth slow down. That said he did say on a smaller system led is going to save a lot more in the long run. He also said he researched all the top brands and the differences in output we're not significant enough to make a difference in growth or penetration through the water. Led is very expensive to get stared but on a 40 gal 1 unit such as an AI Hydra would suffice.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I broke down and ordered lights. This is what I ended up going with.

TaoTronics® TT-AL09 165w Dimmable Led Aquarium Lights Aquarium Hoods Led Reef Light for Coral Fish Seaweed (55*3w Led, Blue/White Ratio- 28:27)

I bought two of the units. What do you guys think? Can I grow about anything with these lights? Also how high do I need to mount these lights above the tank?

Back
Top Bottom