Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looking to start soon!!

As some of know I'm really looking into crossing over to the saltwater world.

Question. What do you fellow hobbyists think of this? I could get a great deal from my LFS, he's a good friend and is willing to help set it up.

I would like input as I know NOTHING about the saltwater world.

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_...mplete-ap.html

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:57 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Anyone? Looking to do this soon. I really like this one buddy has a few in stock.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 11-11-2011, 03:18 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha everyone wants to go salt eventually right? And if you can get a good deal on a tank, i would definitaly do it if you are confident in your abilities! Haha because nobody wants to loose a 25$ fish! I do not have a salt water tank, but in the future i want one and many people on aa would help you do it! I say yes. Haha
Old 11-11-2011, 03:25 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's a decent tank if you plan on going for a nano. If you can, i'd really suggest getting the biggest tank you can get your hands on. Much easier to take care of b/c of the water volume. A larger tank also opens up the possibilities for more types of fish.

Have you decided what type of system you want? fowlr, reef? What type of fish you want to keep?

If you decide that you want smaller fish/fish that will do fine in a 29g; then that tank is a good buy.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:42 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just brain storming. I know I want some coral,star fish, pair of clown fish, not sure of the name of it but the sand sifter one and one other fish like "the fish" of the tank. I think its a yellow tang. And maybe some shrimp and ground dwellers. I was under the impression that the tank I was looking at was bigger then. 29g but anyway that really it. I figured try it out since he's getting me a GREAT deal and already comes with everything. He's also gonna come over and help me set it up and cycle it. He's invited me to his store to show me different fish. How to test sw tanks and the ins and outs of that tank so I'm not hit all at once.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:07 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sounds good. Just becareful. There are no tangs that will fit in a 29g tank.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRick
Sounds good. Just becareful. There are no tangs that will fit in a 29g tank.
Gotcha... See I have A LOT of researching before I even buy this thing.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I know a few people that have red sea max tanks but they have all mod them in one way or another. Light and skimmer is usually the first things they do. They are a beautiful tank that is for sure.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13
I know a few people that have red sea max tanks but they have all mod them in one way or another. Light and skimmer is usually the first things they do. They are a beautiful tank that is for sure.
I was just saying that I would do lighting. I guess it doesn't have moon light with the blue LED's alone. From what I'm reading you can't just have the blue lights on, they all have to be on. Protein skimmer, I don't know enough yet to even know if the one it comes with is good enough.

Tags
start

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com