Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-25-2004, 06:05 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lots of tiny air bubbles?

I'm currently cycling my tank, and the water has totally cleared up after adding my Live Aragonite - but there are lots of tiny air particles in the water, all swirling around. These seem to be coming from the output spraybar of my Eheim 2327/84 wet/dry thermofilter. They've been their constantly since I turned everything on, about a week ago, and have not reduced at all.

The output tube doesn't seem to have any airbubbles in it - just a steady stream full of water. I've tried playing with everything - positions, tapping the canister, etc. The bubbles aren't a massive problem, and to be honest you can't see them until you get very close to the glass, so if they're not going to have a negative effect on anything (apart from aesthetically), I may just ignore them. But all the same, it would be nice to know how to get rid of them

Cheers,

Mark

Old 03-28-2004, 04:35 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

check all of your connections on the plumbing to and from the filter. it sounds like there is a pin-hole leaks that is sucking in air. If any of the plumbing parts are screw on, be sure you have teflon tape on those connections. Usually bubbles aren't harmful. But some reef critters, such as sponges, can have problems if air becomes trapped inside them.

Old 03-28-2004, 04:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've checked all the connections, they're on very tight, and I've also put jubilee clips on all connections. None of them are screw on.

I did speak to someone yesterday and they said they also had tiny air bubbles in their system - it may be a "feature" of the breathing Eheim, I don't know...

If it's not going to harm my fish (and 2 shrimps), then it's not really a problem and I can live with it.

Thanks for the help
Old 04-08-2004, 11:46 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

This happened to me with my eheim filter (2224 I believe). It was really bothering me for about 2 weeks and then the bubbles suddenly disappeared. I wish I could tell you what it was but it's still a mystery to me. Hope yours clears up.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:38 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Where can you get jubilee clips in the US? I just checked google. They look cool, but all the suppliers seem to be in the UK.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:43 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hope mine clears up too! Guess it's not really a problem if they don't though.

Quarryshark: hardware/DIY stores etc.?

Tags
air, bubble, bubbles

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com