marine bio-spira

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeremy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
anybody ever used this? i did on my new 75 gl tank two saturdays ago, now i have around 30-40 lb of LR and 3 bags of LS , 5 fish, tang-yellow, and 4 damsels, 10 hermit crabs, 2 emrald crabs, and one big coral striped shrimp/crab, nitrites are "0" ammonia "0" PH around 7.9-8.1 water temp stays at 79-80 light on or light off, light is on timer, and all seems fine. LFS tested water on thursday 1-1-04 said all was good, testing water again today just o be sure, i used to packs of that marine bio-spira and it seems to work great...just thought i would let others know about it in case some did not know about it, i have one power head, and a fluval 404 filter running now...will add a skimmer and the new coralife moonlight soon...
let me know what you guys think so far, this is my first SW tank.
thanks
jeremy

had water tested tonight at LFS all is still good, all 0's across the board and ph still were it needs to be..just to let all know.

But here is a question dose that fix it for a short time or for the long run? is the bacteria still there or is he just stoped the cycle for a short time? or is it just moving a a smaller, slower rate.

i was told this does the cycle and its for good...my girlfriend did this with her freshwater tank before x-mas and its been great all levels normal in a 25gl tank with 10 fish in it...so i used it along with my LFS and it does seem to work out very well.

I really do not know about stuff like that it sounds too good to be true. i like cycleing my tank the "old" way. ya it take more time but then you can read up about what u want ot put in there. it also give you some time to get more money up so you can get more stuff.

i have around 30-40 lb of LR and 3 bags of LS

It's fairly difficult to say it isn;t the LS and the LR that are keeping the levels in check, although I think the surface area would be rather low for a 75g tank ;) Your not the only person I've heard say good things about this product, I think it is awesome and if it works will be great for setting up Q-tanks in a hurry!!

yeah, the marine is more money i paid 30 bucks a pop for each bag, its frozen and needs to stay frozen, then let it sit in tank while u are warming up water to the temp u need u can let it warm with water, then pour it in then or it will die off, i had to use two bags for my 75gl tank, but so far water is damn clear, and fish all seem to be acting fine, right along with my hermits, and emerald crabs, so i am sold on it...

jeremy said:
yeah, the marine is more money i paid 30 bucks a pop for each bag, its frozen and needs to stay frozen, then let it sit in tank while u are warming up water to the temp u need u can let it warm with water, then pour it in then or it will die off, i had to use two bags for my 75gl tank, but so far water is darn clear, and fish all seem to be acting fine, right along with my hermits, and emerald crabs, so i am sold on it...

This is weird. I just bought some of this stuff myself - Bio Spira Marine in the orange pouch, and mine says right on the bag, "Do Not Freeze"

Yours was frozen?

Todd

Back
Top Bottom