Micro bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superdave07

Aquarium Advice Freak
How can I set my tank up when both sides I have in tank filters and my 750 power heads, the power head current picks up the bubbles and move them in two big circles on both sides. What can I do to fix the problem I'm very limited my tank is a wall mounted so I can move stuff around as much as I like, size 28"h x 65"L x 4"w and 21g check out the pics, thanks

Attachments

• image-1008352360.jpg
    image-1008352360.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 151
  • image-246684603.jpg
    image-246684603.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 125
  • image-1721549343.jpg
    image-1721549343.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 88
  • image-3591726931.jpg
    image-3591726931.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 115
If I understand the proble, you may have too much flow inside the tank which can cause the bubbles. If water is being agitated too hard on the top, it is going to cause bubbles to form as it churns. For example, if the water is low, the agitation of water "dropping" from a filter will cause bubbles....I am only using this as a better visual example.

SOmoene else has/had a similar problem and about the only thing you can do, after ruling out low water, is to try aiming your powerheads differently..could be you can modify the flow and get the bubbles to disperse.

tlkng1 said:
If I understand the proble, you may have too much flow inside the tank which can cause the bubbles. If water is being agitated too hard on the top, it is going to cause bubbles to form as it churns. For example, if the water is low, the agitation of water "dropping" from a filter will cause bubbles....I am only using this as a better visual example.

SOmoene else has/had a similar problem and about the only thing you can do, after ruling out low water, is to try aiming your powerheads differently..could be you can modify the flow and get the bubbles to disperse.

The thing is if I point them down any more it causes the sand to move, if I I slow the flow of the filters will that prevent 100% filtration to the tank?

Have you tried tilting the powerheads up a little more or making them parallel with the bottom of the tank? Try pointing one to the front and the other to the side...create a single circular pattern in the tank. Maybe get powerheads that aren't so strong??? The tank isn't the big but I admit I am not familiar with 750 powerheads. What is the gph rate?

Can you post a pic that has the entire tank in view? It is hard to see your set-up with those spot pics.

tlkng1 said:
Have you tried tilting the powerheads up a little more or making them parallel with the bottom of the tank? Try pointing one to the front and the other to the side...create a single circular pattern in the tank. Maybe get powerheads that aren't so strong??? The tank isn't the big but I admit I am not familiar with 750 powerheads. What is the gph rate?

Can you post a pic that has the entire tank in view? It is hard to see your set-up with those spot pics.

I have the Hydor Koralia Evolution 750 gph

Attachments

• image-4065548403.jpg
    image-4065548403.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 126
Just in that pic I can see the "wave" action on that right end....the bubbles are being caused by the high surface agitation as far as I can see. Since the tank is only 4" wide I can see where the powerheads have to face one another so they are actually working against one another which is what is causing your dual circular pattern at each end of the tank. What happens when you turn one completely off? Do you still get flow all through the tank?

I have Koralia Nanos in my Biocube and I can tilt the head without physically changing the location of the connection magnet. In other words, I can leave the powerhead in one place but change the direction of the flow to a small degree. Do those have the same ability?

tlkng1 said:
Just in that pic I can see the "wave" action on that right end....the bubbles are being caused by the high surface agitation as far as I can see. Since the tank is only 4" wide I can see where the powerheads have to face one another so they are actually working against one another which is what is causing your dual circular pattern at each end of the tank. What happens when you turn one completely off? Do you still get flow all through the tank?

I have Koralia Nanos in my Biocube and I can tilt the head without physically changing the location of the connection magnet. In other words, I can leave the powerhead in one place but change the direction of the flow to a small degree. Do those have the same ability?

Maybe I can point one up and point one down? But I'll try to turn one off, you think one will give me the right flow?

Only you can tell that by watching the pattern. Try dropping in something light but large enough that you can see and see how it is carried by the flow.

tlkng1 said:
Only you can tell that by watching the pattern. Try dropping in something light but large enough that you can see and see how it is carried by the flow.

Will do, I'll do it tonight and take a better pic thanks

Back
Top Bottom