Miracle Mud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, while my husband is out building the stand for this 40 gallon long, I've been doing some reading, I like the fuge sump idea and have live rock and macro algae in it. My question, do you have to use a Mircle mud mixture, we just used regular live sand on our HOB on the 29 and some macro algae. I've read with Mircle mud that you have to replace it after so long. What are the benefits of Miracle mud verses just using live sand.

We are thinking of just going a 20 gallon high, have to figure out the partitions.

Look forward to replies thanks!

I have not found it necessary to use the Miricle Mud, that is a component of the Eco-System method of reef keeping. Unless your doing an Eco-System set up...I would just use sugargrain sized aragonite sand.

Ok, then would the "Eco System set up" be considered going with out a skimmer? If so we may lean that way, if we do would we still need the "miracle mud" stuff?

Thanks

I can't remember where but, i read that mirical mud is something like 80% silicates, I'ts my understanding that a 4" DSB would do the same job.

Back
Top Bottom