Misinformation...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
Found this a few minutes ago at a popular online store....us newbies do not stand a chance.

The Sebae anemone is one of the more popular sea anemones in the aquarium trade. This is because of its ease of maintenance and the symbiotic relationship is will form with almost all clownfish. This anemone comes with a white to tan base color and usually has pink to purple tips. This is a good choice for a hobbiests first anemone.

Ha HA HA, i may know little, but all anemones are hard to keep, much less the non-hosting sebae. Correct me if im wrong!

d9hp said:
Ha HA HA, i may know little, but all anemones are hard to keep, much less the non-hosting sebae. Correct me if im wrong!

Sebaes will host most all clownfish. At least mine does.

Well, actually the statement you found isn't that far off from the truth if you keep a clean tank and know what you're doing. I got my first Sebae anenome about 3 years ago in my 75g and I've had nothing but good luck with it. I think the bottom line is that if you do your research, understand what the requirements of the organism are, and provide a healthy tank you should be fine. As far as Sebae's being non-hosting, that's not true at all. The problem I have is that my clowns are whores and not only hang out in the anenome, but also try to hang out in my Frogspawn... very frustrating. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom