MRC's Frag Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Selling my buddy the tank and stand for $45 and he drives so saves me about $30 in gas. Pretty much $75 for a great condition 75 and stand for his male festae.

The asking price of everything total including the skimmer came to $290. If I sold these pieces all together (17 frags) it'd be $135 :)

Here's the list I'm trading- 1st-- Galaxea, blue clove polyps, blue pipe organ, keds red zoas, Christmas favia, and green/purple favia.
2nd- red millepora, blue bottle brush, ora and a non ora green birdsnest, blue clove polyps, yellow polyps, scroll coral, baby blue platygyra, keds red zoas, blue pipe organ, and Galaxea.

Well got a little bit of extra money so I think I'm gonna go out and get all the supplies to buff out these tanks.. I originally wasn't to worried about the scratches and imperfections but the more I think about it the more I feel like I might as well just do it now before I start kicking myself once they are fully stocked with beautiful coral that you can't see due to haze and scratches lol

Woah, I never knew anyone who buffed out their own tanks. Maybe it's easier than it sounds. Sounds video worthy!

It's just like buffing out a car :) just may require some low grit wet sanding for large scratches but honestly ill probably just worry about the medium to small scratches mainly since there are really only a couple deep scratches. Since these were used as frag tanks/ ray grow out tanks so not much to scratch em its mainly just haze from what I'm guessing is from cleaning the panes with dirty wipes.

Well braved the blizzard in the middle of the night to pick up a power sander, headlight restore kit, some extra 2000 grit sand paper, some extra plastX, and some microfiber towels lol. I might start tonight but if not ill start tomorrow so should have some shots up by tomorrow night.

Well go one more pane to do a final buff on and ill be done with 1!! The wet sanding is a lot of work on the fine grits but man seeing how its turning out its worth every minute of time I put in it. Tank is starting to look brand new but I'm gonna leave the back and bottom pane how it is since ill be painting them black.

Before the buffing but you can see how nice and clean it looks now. Before it was pretty majory scratched and hazed.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130205_171713.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130205_171713.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 123
Here's what I'm using if anyone's curious.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130205_172219.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130205_172219.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 109
Ya I was going too but these fit it perfectly and the opportunity was there so I jumped on it lol. It only took $100 to build the stand so I could knock out another one no problem haha.

Ya I was going too but these fit it perfectly and the opportunity was there so I jumped on it lol. It only took $100 to build the stand so I could knock out another one no problem haha.

Good stuff dude. Everything looks awesome so far :)

Good look at a before and after.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130205_181639.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130205_181639.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 122
Ya this stuff is great. Just wish it would have came with a ball instead of a wheel cause it makes it difficult to get the inside corners. I have to finish it with my finger tip and a microfiber there : / .. the tanks is nearly invisible now though so I can't complain lol

Ya that's how my 46 is too :*( I'd say it was in fair-good shape when I got it but with all the rescaping and the move its in pretty bad shape. Especially when I let a film build up on the glass then you REALLY can see it. I honestly don't see myself upgrading from this tank though. I'll just add to it, more tanks the better :)

Back
Top Bottom