my 40 gallon breeder questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it was you who said you wanna follow all the 40b build threads. Anyways I don't know if you've seen ziggy953 has one. You haven't posted on it yet. It's "ziggy's nano build (again)"

i found it, subscribed, and caught up.
so far what im learning the most of, is how much of an novice i am at this...

i am following mr_X's advice and just sitting back and "enjoy"ing my tank. the phosban 150 has been running for a day now? today when i came home from work, my tank didnt have the buildup of scum like im used to seeing. so that was refreshing. im not saying the reactor is solely responsible, but i dont think its hurting my situation.

I'm in the process of doing a big water change. I started yesterday. I've been doing it really slow. I'm using a aqualifter pump for the fresh water and letting it drain thru my skimmer. As soon as I get my nitrates at a respectable level, I cant seem to get them below 15, I plan on just sitting back and enjoying as well.

KAhner said:
Where and what kinda scum have you been getting?

Here is a picture of the scum. I had a bad break out of red slime algae. It was slowly going away. Then I had green hair algae start growing and this stuff. Took out the dsb and put a power head in the fuge section. I would come home, use a tooth brush to clean my rock and net out all the gunk that floated to the surface. Tank would look better. I go to bed and then to work come home and do it all over again. Now I have bare rock in places again. It was also all over the substrate. Once I get it all gone I can add some corals and see how my 4 bulb light grows them.

Attachments

• image-2845100002.jpg
    image-2845100002.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 76
A pic of my bta. And more scum. You can see "clean" rock and problematic covered rock. I haven't touched it in two days with a tooth brush and no invasive growth.

The surface of the water was also littered with the stuff.

Attachments

• image-164429397.jpg
    image-164429397.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 58
May be cayno. Mr. X recommended some stuff to rid it. I forget what it was, but worked great!

yep cayno. i tried chimiclean once. but it didnt work. next paycheck i may get a few filter socks and try it again.

coffeetwitch said:
yep cayno. i tried chimiclean once. but it didnt work. next paycheck i may get a few filter socks and try it again.

U got a phosbane reactor?

Back
Top Bottom