My first fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brianf40us

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys i bought a yellow tail damsel today to put in my tank. What you guys think about the yellow tail damsels. I plan on adding a Clown and yellow tang in a little while.

The yellow tang should be the last fish you introduce to your system. They can get a little rough with new fish.

I'm not a fan of damsels but the yellow tail was one of my favorites.

Damsels are bullies. The yellow tails aren't as bad as the others though.

Yes I was going to say that the yellow tail is the least aggressive of the damsels.

The Yellow tail is doing good he does flash on the rocks sometimes. Not alot maybe 2 or 3 times an hour. My nitrates are a little high at 40 so this may be causing it.

Also for food i am crushing up large pellets into almost dust to feed to him is that ok. They are NLS pellets for saltwater fish. but it says large fish due to the pellet size. What else should i feed the damsel i know they are omnivores.

Frozen mysis and vitamin fortified brine. The key to feeding SW fish is variety. I would alternate between frozen, flake, and other stuff like the crushed pellet you are doing. That`s what I do anyway.

Ok thanx alot everyone. Is it possible for my fish to be affraid of the dark hahahaha everytime my lights go off in the tank for the night my moonlights comeone and he takes off to the LR when they come on he is back out hahaha.

What a wussy!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom