My fowlr - to reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would leave the pre filter in. But the bio balls I would remove. Do so only a few at a time. A better alternative is to use live rock rubble. The best combo in a sump in this order is. Pre filter( like a filter pad or filter sock) skimmer, deep sand bed with macro algae and live rock. Then return.

Tomchong22 said:
I would leave the pre filter in. But the bio balls I would remove. Do so only a few at a time. A better alternative is to use live rock rubble. The best combo in a sump in this order is. Pre filter( like a filter pad or filter sock) skimmer, deep sand bed with macro algae and live rock. Then return.

Ok thanks my pre filter is just a pad sitting on the bio balls just under 2 spray bars and it's in the dry part of my sump is that ok

Yeah that is fine. What I would do is like every two eels or so take the filter pad out and shake it in a bucket of dirty tank water to get rid of some of the stuff it trapped. Then after oh say 3 months you should change it out for a new one.some people say you should only change it out when it starts to break down..... It's completely up to u. The main purpose of it is to catch things that are to big for the rest of the sump.

Tomchong22 said:
Yeah that is fine. What I would do is like every two eels or so take the filter pad out and shake it in a bucket of dirty tank water to get rid of some of the stuff it trapped. Then after oh say 3 months you should change it out for a new one.some people say you should only change it out when it starts to break down..... It's completely up to u. The main purpose of it is to catch things that are to big for the rest of the sump.

Ok thanks I think I will get some new filters and start to take out bio balls 

And I couldn't resist a trip out today and picked up 2 tube worms 

Attachments

• image-4204815481.jpg
    image-4204815481.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 173
carey said:
lol couldnt tell ya, havent seen em since they went in. The scooter is busy eating pods tho.

That's good I'm sure he will be fine scooter is better off with you than in the store I'm sure

Ok done water change this morning 10g and picked up this toadstool coral from what I understand it's a good starter coral so let's see 

Attachments

• image-4099760313.jpg
    image-4099760313.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 141
Def like the corals u have added. U should look up some green star polyps. They r great filler coral and are extremely easy to keep.

Tomchong22 said:
Def like the corals u have added. U should look up some green star polyps. They r great filler coral and are extremely easy to keep.

Ok thankyou I will look into the green stars 

Back
Top Bottom