My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sure you can have some rock with an octo. They like to hide so they wont feel as stressed. The parameters of that tank will have to be really good and established for a while before I would try it.

for an octopus be sure to have a tightly shut cover. they like to climb otu of the aquarium and die on the floor :(

Use carpet for at least the top 6 inches of the tank, that seems to stop them from climbing out. But there should still be a top on the tank.

coffeetwitch said:
Sorry to hear that I guess sweety pie will have to wait a bit longer for his tank

Yeah. Lol. It's not him I'm worried about though. It my tank! He likes to tinker and I'm set in my ways with my tank already. Lol

Ha. I'm glad I have a tank to tinker with. I hated tearing Down the 75 but we each have our own tanks now. More or less.

That and sweety pie was/is very patient.

coffeetwitch said:
Ha. I tinker but I guess I'm set too. Or maybe it's anal. If you unreal the hose, put back the way I had it.

Lol. Yeah. I am kinda anal about my tank. He said from the beginning it was "my tank" but I've given up and he gets choice on fish and coral. He helps- but doesn't always follow my timeline. Like waiting for fish, dropping in new things while I'm at work, moving stuff around without researching placement, etc. lol. He needs his own tank to tinker with so I have my sanity. This tank is too big for me to always be putting on a no sleeve shorter and getting the ladder out to fix it. Lol. So maybe anal isn't a bad thing. I know he wants to be involved- but I'm a researcher and I want things to live- no just look pretty for a few weeks an then shrivel up and die.

Ok. I've rambled enough. Lol

There's a guy tearing apart his 265 gal reef tank. I'm buying his top off for 50$. 100 pounds of live rock for 3$ a lb. a 12 in vlamingi, 10 in desjardini, 5 inch purple tang, and a 6 inch yellow tang for 400$. Some corals as well. All my tangs are going to my buddy except for the chistletooth. Whew. There's something else.... Oh yeah- buddy ripped out some of his hammer coral and gave me 9 heads for 40$ (what a steal!) it's about 6 inches when fully open.

Also...lol... Was in the store today picking up some cuc and a lady walked in telling the guy she has a 500 gallon she wants out of her garage- I chimed in and said if take care of it. Can we say free product for a profit on Craigslist????? Lol

Yeah. My husbands too! Lol. He's been trying to get our buddy to frag it for a while. In the store with 9 heads we were looking at $200+

Back
Top Bottom