My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got some new sea fans

image-4229410349.jpg

image-2331452173.jpg

Also- you know you are an aquarist if you spend 100$ on water tests at a WHOLESALER warehouse. Lol

image-1927834819.jpg

Jlsardina said:
Got some new sea fans

Also- you know you are an aquarist if you spend 100$ on water tests at a WHOLESALER warehouse. Lol

Very nice! The sea fans have great color!

Lol. Just for you twitch.

Attachments

• image-4136180075.jpg
    image-4136180075.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 99
  • image-4166174572.jpg
    image-4166174572.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 126
  • image-2613661912.jpg
    image-2613661912.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 93
Oh yes- I must add. It was feeding time but lights just came on all the way and I had to jet so this is all I can give you for now. When I get home from the tank set up I'll try to get a better shot.

coffeetwitch said:
amazing. thinking back to when it was just tank and stand.

Lol. I think back a lot. Remembering the size of some of my corals to what they are now amazes me. I got to be doing something right. Lol.

Ok. Have a question for you guys- is anyone else's torch coral a true predator?

My torch grabs and pulls my plate coral over to it if I forget to feed it silversides. At first I thought I was crazy. But I did an experiment last night. I used a dry erase marker to mark out where I put my plate coral to see if it was just the torch getting longer or the plate moving. Well- it turns out my plate moved 4.5 inches over night and the torch had its tentacles on it. Of course, I have now moved the plate over closer to the other one. But I find it really odd. This was an ongoing thing for about two weeks. Every few days I would have to get the grabber out and move the plate further back away from the torch. The torch would have its tentacles on the plate and I would have to separate them. Neither coral has any sting marks or damage- but still. It's aggravating.

I hope you don't mind a side question... Are you plates inflated during the day and night or just day, just night? My plate only inflates after 9pm for a few hours and then deflates again...

TLTGF said:
I hope you don't mind a side question... Are you plates inflated during the day and night or just day, just night? My plate only inflates after 9pm for a few hours and then deflates again...

I have 3 plates. 2 short and 1 long tentacle. The long tentacle is open at all times of lights on. The shorts take a little longer to open- but will stay open past lights out as well.

Of course, I have sort of "trained" my corals to be open I guess since I feed early in the day to include oyster juice and phyto

Woohoo! My clowns are now hosting my torch coral instead of my welso brain! My welso wasn't happy with them and I used little mirrors behind the torch and in two weeks the clowns started hosting the torch! Now that I took the mirrors out though they are probably wondering where the other clowns (the ones in the mirror) went. Lol.

image-2234470818.jpg

Btw- I got this torch a few months back. It was little. It has exploded in my tank. Lol. The clown in the pic is a 3 inch clown.

Attachments

• image-1907757255.jpg
    image-1907757255.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 144
Oh yeah- can you tell it's feeding time???

Attachments

• image-3756710182.jpg
    image-3756710182.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 111
  • image-701044995.jpg
    image-701044995.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 100
Btw Jesse - I know you wanted a purple tang- but I've heard that pretty much they are impossible to get now since the conflict is going on over in Africa. Something about not shipping them out anymore. Sorry. :(

My LFS just got some, so hopefully others can too. He got them in today. Called and asked if I wanted one. It's in his QT till I know it won't get ich...

Back
Top Bottom