My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sniperhank said:
Can you move to western PA so I can have a lfs like that? Beautiful :)

Lol. Thanks. I try. It's not easy tho. Lol. I swear I do water changes 7 days a week!!!

I see lots f stuff in those tanks that i would love to see in my tank,...my dog scruffy would like to bid on your cat

Attachments

• image-2407285064.jpg
    image-2407285064.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Dary421 said:
I see lots f stuff in those tanks that i would love to see in my tank,...my dog scruffy would like to bid on your cat

Lol. Tell scruffy I said no. He would have to get thru my husky Shepard mix and my toy poodle first. Lol

The corals and the kitty look amazing, Jodi!! I wish my F5 Savannah had half the coloration that he has. She's really cool, and also tries to go fishing in the refugium, but he looks like a leopard!!
If he's not fixed, care to breed him??? Our F5, Zoe, is about 7 months old and getting big! We've been debating breeding her, and with the two of them, I think it's safe to say, the kittens would be pretty awesome!! Here's a pic of Zoe

image-3668019875.jpg

Zoe

What's that huge reddish branching coral on the right in the frag tank? Its amazing. Your Bengal cat is super awesome.. And I usually hate cats so thats saying something lol.

needmorecowbell said:
What's that huge reddish branching coral on the right in the frag tank? Its amazing. Your Bengal cat is super awesome.. And I usually hate cats so thats saying something lol.

Huge? I think you're talking about the Bali green slimer. 20k lighting comes out really blue. Colors get all mixed up.

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, I went to a persons house who had some green slimer under halides that I bought and it looked brown. Really colorful under LEDs though!

On my personal tank I have ecoray 60D. At my shop I run TFT LEDs and metal halides. I can honestly say I would switch over my personal tank to TFT LEDs once I have 600$ to spare. I sell them all the time so I not only see how they do on my tanks at the shop- but thru customers tanks as well. Many people have had success with their sps corals using TFT LEDs.

Business has been good. Ran into some issues and plumbing on one of the FO tanks. But all is good now after some re-vamping and a move. Had to move store locations when I found out their was stray electricity running thru the WHOLE building. I literally walked into a small puddle one day (no where near the tanks) and got zapped. Tried it again (for scientific purposes and not because I'm Bart Simpson) and it happened again. We moved within a few weeks.

Have you had any experience with the Aquaray 1000 HD LEDs either personally or through the store?

How many of the ecoray 60D tiles do you have on your 220 (3 if i remember correctly)?

skywhitney said:
Have you had any experience with the Aquaray 1000 HD LEDs either personally or through the store?

How many of the ecoray 60D tiles do you have on your 220 (3 if i remember correctly)?

No experience with them. And I run 3 LEDs on this tank. When I switch over I will be going to 4 units tho

Well. I've had bad luck after bad luck lately. Yesterday I was supposed to do a water change- but I had to clean my closet first. Back story: my husky is terrified of thunder ever since the 4th of July. Ugh. It raid bad this week and somehow he pulled a Houdini and got out of his cage- and then my 2.5 yr old son locked him in my closet without me knowing. Now- I use my closet as storage as well and had a BUNCH of frames that I had been collecting sitting behind the door. Let's just say they are no more. When I was cleaning out the closet I was placing all the glass in an old box so that it wouldn't rip they a bag. There was some big pieces and a bunch of little ones. However, my cat kept jumping in the closet and I was thinking he was going to get hurt so I repeatedly kept tossing him out. Unfortunately, one of these times I punctured myself on the glass! Now a cut would have been a breeze. Nothing that I couldn't handle. Lucky for me though, it was a jab right thru the top of my hand and punctured a vein. Let's just say I had blood all over me in seconds. So I stood up, walked to the kitchen to get gauze, almost passed out- and then laid on the floor to prevent it. Got up when the room stopped spinning, got the gauze and tape, applied pressure and sat on the couch. I felt like I just donated 2 pints of blood! So- the bleeding stopped after about 35-40 minutes and I was able to get back to life about an hour after that. Unfortunately, my tank hasn't had a water change yet :( and I'm not sure how long it will be. I want to make sure my hand heals up before I put it in a tank with zoas, especially because of where the cut was and it's depths. Any suggestions?

Jlsardina said:
Well. I've had bad luck after bad luck lately. Yesterday I was supposed to do a water change- but I had to clean my closet first. Back story: my husky is terrified of thunder ever since the 4th of July. Ugh. It raid bad this week and somehow he pulled a Houdini and got out of his cage- and then my 2.5 yr old son locked him in my closet without me knowing. Now- I use my closet as storage as well and had a BUNCH of frames that I had been collecting sitting behind the door. Let's just say they are no more. When I was cleaning out the closet I was placing all the glass in an old box so that it wouldn't rip they a bag. There was some big pieces and a bunch of little ones. However, my cat kept jumping in the closet and I was thinking he was going to get hurt so I repeatedly kept tossing him out. Unfortunately, one of these times I punctured myself on the glass! Now a cut would have been a breeze. Nothing that I couldn't handle. Lucky for me though, it was a jab right thru the top of my hand and punctured a vein. Let's just say I had blood all over me in seconds. So I stood up, walked to the kitchen to get gauze, almost passed out- and then laid on the floor to prevent it. Got up when the room stopped spinning, got the gauze and tape, applied pressure and sat on the couch. I felt like I just donated 2 pints of blood! So- the bleeding stopped after about 35-40 minutes and I was able to get back to life about an hour after that. Unfortunately, my tank hasn't had a water change yet :( and I'm not sure how long it will be. I want to make sure my hand heals up before I put it in a tank with zoas, especially because of where the cut was and it's depths. Any suggestions?

Wow..., we're a match made in heaven ! Lol,....you sound like a female version of myself,......I'd just forgo the pwc for a week and get better,..or worse yet have hubby do the pwc for you..of course you'll have to watch him like a hawk!!!..... I'm not too sure how you do your PWC's but in my case I have a mag pump connected to some pvc piping that fits into a large plastic drum with my clean water ,,once plugged in it just pumps water into the top of my tank...I also have a PVC setup that drapes over the other end of the tank that siphons out the dirty water as fast as its pumped in the other side.
So ,as the pump is adding water to the top of one end of my tank water is being siphoned out of the bottom of the tank on the other side,...I really don't believe I ever get wet using this system,...however,.thats just my setup,..easy and clean.
First you drop that mag 24 on your foot and now this !!!! Jodi , Jodi ,Jodi ,....what's next ???? I'd prob head over to your little refrig and pour myself a 7up and relax,....get better soon !!!!

Dary421 said:
Wow..., we're a match made in heaven ! Lol,....you sound like a female version of myself,......I'd just forgo the pwc for a week and get better,..or worse yet have hubby do the pwc for you..of course you'll have to watch him like a hawk!!!..... I'm not too sure how you do your PWC's but in my case I have a mag pump connected to some pvc piping that fits into a large plastic drum with my clean water ,,once plugged in it just pumps water into the top of my tank...I also have a PVC setup that drapes over the other end of the tank that siphons out the dirty water as fast as its pumped in the other side.
So ,as the pump is adding water to the top of one end of my tank water is being siphoned out of the bottom of the tank on the other side,...I really don't believe I ever get wet using this system,...however,.thats just my setup,..easy and clean.
First you drop that mag 24 on your foot and now this !!!! Jodi , Jodi ,Jodi ,....what's next ???? I'd prob head over to your little refrig and pour myself a 7up and relax,....get better soon !!!!

I do my water changes about the same way- but usually get covered in water while trying to do a water change, watch the kids, and keep the cat out of the tank. Lol. Plus- I'm always in my tank furring water changes scraping coralline off the sides of my tank or in my sump siphoning out detritus and cleaning out sponges. Etc.

I have one pump that I use with about 20 ft of flex hose attached to it. Pump in DT pumps water out. Then flip it around and good water goes in from bucket.

I'm afraid to see what happens next! Bad things come in threes and I'm terrified!!! Lol.

Jlsardina said:
I do my water changes about the same way- but usually get covered in water while trying to do a water change, watch the kids, and keep the cat out of the tank. Lol. Plus- I'm always in my tank furring water changes scraping coralline off the sides of my tank or in my sump siphoning out detritus and cleaning out sponges. Etc.

I have one pump that I use with about 20 ft of flex hose attached to it. Pump in DT pumps water out. Then flip it around and good water goes in from bucket.

I'm afraid to see what happens next! Bad things come in threes and I'm terrified!!! Lol.

I was talking to my brother in Florida last week and he was telling me about getting stung in the ear by a wasp ,..15 minutes later I'm on my motorcycle and got stung in the neck by a bee while going about 50 mph,.( .Not good ). See Jodi ,. We're compatible !!!
Re, tank cleaning,...you can wear a rubber glove and maybe tape it to your wrist or something ,...we all know you're going to do your pwc anyways lol so you might as well wear the rubber glove ,...

Hey Jodi, hope your injury heels up well, pets are definitely a lot of work sometimes, constantly getting in the way, or destroying stuff. I was thinking about the glove and tape angle too, but don't know how effective it will be at keeping water out. Maybe get yourself a pair of shoulder high's, just to be safe....tax write-off for the shop!
Hope all goes well,
Toby

I might be wrong here, but it was my understanding that the toxins put off by zoas and such aren't actually in the water column and only get on you if you touch them? If this were true, you'd only have to worry about the sting of salt in the wound.

Sniperhank said:
I might be wrong here, but it was my understanding that the toxins put off by zoas and such aren't actually in the water column and only get on you if you touch them? If this were true, you'd only have to worry about the sting of salt in the wound.

I was always under the impression that when stressed they released the toxin. Nothing like being out of water of fish freaking to stress a zoa. Lol

Thanks everyone!!

On a side note- I've decided it's time to frag my gsp. It's the size of a soccer ball and then there is a 8" x 6" layer on my overflow box. Frag mania here I come. Lol.

Hey Jodi..., so how did the frag session go ?? ....pictures ??...injuries ??

Last edited:
Dary421 said:
Hey Jodi..., so how did the frag session go ?? ....pictures ??...injuries ??

Didn't frag yet. Waiting on my hand still. Lol. You should see me bag one handed at the shop. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom