My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Space lord said:
I always get there updates but never priced anything on there site

They are good. Been to their setup. Really nice. They are about an hour from me and I've talked with them at random conferences. She really has a lot of experience.

I would buy some from ya, but I just can't trust my tank to keep that coloration right now.. In the future though, those loon amazing!

How has dosing been for you dary? Your params are staying stable?

After working on my tank today (scrubbing coralline off the side glass, fixing some rocks, etc) I had two surprises. First off, a frag of zoas fell behind the rockwork do I moved some stuff and retrieved them. Then, I also found a set of bleached acans (I think they are my pinks that disappeared a year ago). I attached them to a piece of rock and put them on the front sandbed and they are already proofed up and looking happy. Then, as I was doing my fine tuning- I happened to find a new hitchhiker. Now I know he wasn't introduced by anyone in the house as I, nor my husband, are a fan of urchins- so I have no idea how or when he got in there.

img_2076833_0_afdf4b5483c2e97b1fadc2a3f9658c20.jpg

For those who don't spot it...

img_2076833_1_ac819157ce5fb6b87465f004d718cb3f.jpg

Now he's moved on and I can't find him or he would be gone. But this would explain random rates of missing coralline. If I find him again I'm gonna show him the sides of the tank and let him serve a purpose.

that's pretty cool. Its amazing how many different types of critters there are. :)

Kio707 said:
Cat was going crazy too... Lol... How do u keep ur tank so clean?!?

Lol clean?????

Don't be fooled. I scraped and scrubbed for two hours yesterday. Lol. The water was cloudy from the vitachem tho. Usually its crystal clear.

Nice engineer. It'd be cool if it had fry, though I thought you only had one? Nice flame scallop as well. How long has it been in there? I have read about their horrible track records after 6 months.

Hondatek said:
So you just dose your tank with vitachem? I thought you just soak the food in it.

Directions say once a week one drop per gallon and then throughout the week in food as well

Sniperhank said:
Nice engineer. It'd be cool if it had fry, though I thought you only had one? Nice flame scallop as well. How long has it been in there? I have read about their horrible track records after 6 months.

I have two both over 8-9". I got them both when they were just 3" long.

I'm not sure how long I've had my flame scallops. I believe since may. I spot feed them every other day with phytoplankton.

Not happy about the storms last night. I guess I lost power- but I'm not sure for how long. When the power came back on tho it tripped the switch and tank was left off. I did wake up at about 3 and noticed so I fixed it. But things didnt look happy. All the fish appear better now and some corals are looking better. It's time to install my battery backup. Thing is just super heavy tho.

Back
Top Bottom