Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #951
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Uggg. My rockwork has been shifting lately. I think that my engineers have made so many different caves that it has upset everything. I guess in the near future I will be re doing the rockwork to save my corals from falling

Old 02-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #952
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina
Uggg. My rockwork has been shifting lately. I think that my engineers have made so many different caves that it has upset everything. I guess in the near future I will be re doing the rockwork to save my corals from falling
One of the topics at the Frag meet yesterday was aquascaping by marc from melvesreef and another guy. Unfortunately I was so busy with the volunteer work I only caught bits and pieces of that talk and the one marc did on dumps. They had a couple hundred pounds of nice rock that they used and the drew a ticket out of a hat and gave it away when they finished.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #953
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey guys!

So I have a weird question. As you know I have a mated pair of coral banded shrimp. About 3 days ago I noticed the female had eggs again. Two days ago, I noticed they were both nowhere to be found. However, today I saw what looked like to be a molt. Still no sign though even with lights out. All my other shrimp are accounted for. Even my CUC. Water parameters are excellent. What's up with this? I've heard of other shrimp and small fish disappearing with a CBS, but never the other way around. Especially not both at the same time. Any ideas?
Old 03-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #954
Aquarium Advice Addict

So I have been setting up another tank in my bedroom (125g) but I haven't been sure what I was going to do with it. It finished cycling and had trates. So- I figured I'd give Brightwell's new product a try. Wort thing that happens is I take the tank down and start over. It's called XPORT NO3. It's supposedly able to remove 20 ppm in a 120 gal tank per day and keep them out for a few months before needing to be replenished. I put it in today at 80ppm. Will test it in a day and see if it works. If it does, I may take a mushroom out of my 220 and see of their are any effects to it. I have the same LED's on the 125 as I have on the 220 and relatively the same flow and rock ratio so the experiment should be relatively close parameters for the mushroom. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #955
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh yeah- still haven't seen my bandeds yet. I'm gonna give it another day or so before I give up. My clean up crew is so good at its job that I would never be able to tell by now if they are gone
Old 03-17-2012, 02:52 AM   #956
Aquarium Advice Addict

Maybe they are molting, it's also a pretty big tank so the chances they are hiding are high.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #957
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well- saw my coral bandeds today. I'm guessing it was a mixture of eggs being dropped and molting.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #958
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh yes- almost forgot- the xport seems to be doing its job on the 125. Not 20 ppm gone a day- but it has dropped none the less.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #959
RJT
Aquarium Advice Freak

Glad that the shrimp are out and alive.

Is that stuff single dose?
Old 03-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #960
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT
Glad that the shrimp are out and alive.

Is that stuff single dose?
It is a media that stays in a reactor.

Tags
20 gallon, 220 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com