my tank i hope..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.Maska

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am a newbie and i want to know how i am doing so far. I am open and will honor any comments and criticizim thanks

img_295350_0_3ff7b880455c1795b08a9a40857053e0.jpg

How new is new? Want to give us some info on your tank, what species you have, what equipment you have, how long has it been established for?

That would help in assessing your progress. Other than that, I like your LR formation with some very nice caves, tunnels, and crevices. I'd get rid of the damsels though (I think they are damsels, am I right), they can be pretty mean at times.

Looks good so fart! (y)

ok, i have a remora protien skimmer works really well a put a maxi jet 1200 on it. I have two maxi 800 which i have to update to 3 maxi 1200's cause of all the live rock now. I have a fluval 304 water pump. i don't know if i needed that I might have gone with a sump system if i knew better at the time. The tank is about 6 months old but I just got a bulk of the live rock not very long ago(2 weeks). I have 2 damsels,1 percula clown, one atlantic anemone, 1pepermint shrimp,1 coral band shrimp, 1black bristle starfish, 1 green bristle star fish, 1 algea blenny,7astea snails,and other kinds .
I seem to have alot of fungii yellow stuff growing on my rock and a bunch of janitor but need more.

Oh i forgot i have 75-80 pounds of rock and a 3 -4 inch sand bed 55 gallon tank

Oh i forgot i have 75-80 pounds of rock and a 3 -4 inch sand bed 55 gallon tank

I also have a black sea urchin and for lighting i have a aqua light 2-65 watt lamps they are 50/50s one lamp combines of 10,000k daylight and actinic blue rays that light amounts to 130 watts total. and for my second lamp i have a 10,000k daylight lamp florecent that is 40 watt. so i have 170 watts total. is that good? And 1 watt blue moonlight by aqua light

I'd recommend you bump up your lighting to around 200 wts total. I'm not very experienced but I can tell you lighting is crucial and makes a big difference on your tank.

Looks very nice! FWIW, i believe the urchin will eat coraline algae, so if you like the look of the coraline, you may need to choose.

Does the clown host the anemone?

Jim

no, unfortunately the clown doesn't seem to notice it at all ya i wanted to get a haliude one that hangs from the ceiling. I want a shimmering effect bad but that probally cost alot. thanks

Looks good! I agree that it would be a good idea to bump up the lighting. Also, you might want to cover the intakes of your powerheads with a sponge. The anenome can get caught in them.

Back
Top Bottom