Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-03-2004, 04:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

My wish list, Opinions wanted!

1 Yellow Tang
1 Blue Tang
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
1 Yellow Watchman
1 Firefish
1 Ruby Head Fairy Wrasse

Assorted inverts, and corals

Any recommendations for inverts or corals that are easy to take care of, would be highly appreciated.

I have a 90 gallon surf line with 4 power heads with quick filters and a protein skimmer and im getting a really good lighting system.
2 Oceanic Clownfish

Assorted inverts, and corals

Any recommendations for inverts or corals that are easy to take care of, would be highly appreciated.

I have a 90 gallon surf line with 4 power heads with quick filters and a protein skimmer and im getting a really good lighting system.

philly
philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 05:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to nodoubt471
if it were me, i would pick one or the other of the tangs, ive seen tangs housed in the same tank to serious damage to eachother.

Old 09-03-2004, 05:54 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think the list looks okay. Just remember to add these fish very slowly. Over the course of months. Set up a QT tank and do things right from the start. This will save you big $$$ in the long run. Add the yellow tang last, it is the most aggressive fish. the blue and yellow have different color and body shape so fighting will most likely not be an issue. Not to say it won't happen. Haveyou thought about inverts? With the tangs I would get a couple of skunk cleaner shrimp and pick up a pistol shrimp for the goby.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:46 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

lamdo, are their any other inverts or corals i should pick up

philly
Old 09-03-2004, 06:57 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
wait on the corals. I dont think your tank will be ready for several months at least. That will give you time to figure out what you want and what your tank can manage.

Why not have a Coral Banded shrimp and a fire shrimp in there??? Both are awsome looking and very colorful!
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:02 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

i want skunk, pistol, coral branded and fire shrimp. how many of each and what order do i get them in?

philly
Old 09-03-2004, 09:18 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree with Rocket, wait on the corals for awhile. As for the shrimp...acouple of cleaners, some peppermints, one coral banded and blood would be good. Don't forget the reef hermits and snails.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:31 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

if they are carnivores then what will they eat that grows naturally in my tank?

philly

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com