Need help choosing new fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,
I am about ready to add something new to my 75 gal. Here are the specs and inhabitants:
90lbs Live rock
DSB
1 hippo tang
2 false percs
1 royal gramma
1 cleaner shrimp
1 camel shrimp
1 peppermint shrimp
feather dusters
mushroom corals
Turbo snails
I lost track of blue and red hermits....maybe 25-35 or so

This tank has been up and running, nearly flawlessly, for about 8 months. Everything is in great health and all seem happy. I plan on making this a full blown reef over the next 6 months or so. I do not have a giant population of pods so despite the fact that I desperately want a mandarin I can't have one. I was thinking of adding a few chromis to give the schooling affect. I am not particularly crazy about them, but they are pretty nice fish. I am looking for something that won't get too big as I would like to keep the bioload on the conservative side. I am thinking a number of small fish give it the nice busy reef appearance without putting too much stress on the biological filter.
So I will leave it in the hands of the fine people at aquarium advice...maybe I'll tally up the suggestions and winner gets a spot in my tank...hahaha...thanks all.
Travis

1 hippo tang
2 false percs
1 royal gramma

I personally think that is enough fish for a 75g tank, but you might look at something that is a bottom dweller ie; watchman gobie, scooter blenny etc...Or maybe an inactive fish like a hawkfish.

IMO Green Chromis are a good choice. I recently added 5 in my 75gal and they basically function as one schooling throughout the tank. Under the right lighting they have some interesting blue green color. Since they are small and will only get 2-3" I equate them to 1 larger fish. They are nice if you want some movement in the tank.

Good luck,

Thats what I was thinking as far as the Chromis were concerned. I think perhaps I will get my refugium underway in order to add the extra water volume. That should allow me to make a few small additions without putting the bioload under too much stress.

Back
Top Bottom