Need help restarting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the rocks tho are covered in all kinds of algae and some coraline with littile soft squsy worm like things on the bottom side, one of my rocks tho with the worst amount of algae on it i really dont want 2 but back because of the size its 2 big, should i break it?, or just keep it the way it is?

People do bust up there live rock when doing there sculpting also you get more surface area. Just do it all now before your tank is established again

I would scrub off the worst of the crap on the rocks then put them in. I also am running the remora. :) But also an AQ HOB too.

You can bust the big rocks if you like but you may end up with alot of wasted rubble. I would def get them cleaned off tho. Best way to start.

Let's talk about your routine before the nitrate spike.

What kind of water did you use? Did you do PWC's? How often did you feed the fish?

i fed the fish every 2 days, but my dad trying 2 be nice was comming back from new york knows a place in the warehouse district, with no sign, and one door stocks saltwater livestock to most aquarium stores in the area, so very nice fish for very cheap so he got me several fish, coral beauty, purpe tang, maroon clown, regal angel,(like 3 others 2) but i told him not to, but he thought they would get along and nothing would happen but you can guess what happened next...

I would scrub off the worst of the crap on the rocks then put them in. I also am running the remora. :) But also an AQ HOB too.

You can bust the big rocks if you like but you may end up with alot of wasted rubble. I would def get them cleaned off tho. Best way to start.

What could i use 2 clean them,, and breack them, it is so hard 2 aquascape a corner

Don't use chemicals just use your sponge or soft bristled brush to clean off rock and a chisel to break them just make sure its clean and not a rusty nasty chisel. Lol

I wouldn't scrub too hard! :Ö what might look hunky to you is what can really help seed your tank

Yeah to each his own. There isn't a wrong way aquascape just don't put rocks to close to your lights. And also think of what kind of fish you will have some fish need more hiding spots

Yeah to each his own. There isn't a wrong way aquascape just don't put rocks to close to your lights. And also think of what kind of fish you will have some fish need more hiding spots

I want to get a diamond goby, a emerald crab and a cleaner shrimp, im not sure about what else. will those get along?

And if you want to clean behind those rocks dont stack them against the glass. :) I have to redo my rock cause I used the back of the tank to support my rocks. This is a great opportunity to get the tank the way you want it before throwing living stuff in there

And if you want to clean behind those rocks dont stack them against the glass. :) I have to redo my rock cause I used the back of the tank to support my rocks. This is a great opportunity to get the tank the way you want it before throwing living stuff in there

so your saying 2 clean the rock while they are still in the tank?

I mean as far as algae. The back of my tank grew green and I cant get back there to get at it cause of the rocks! Just a warning :)

Back
Top Bottom