New 125 FOWLR adding water question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caige

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a new tank.... is it okay for the initial setup for me to just add my RODI water directly to tank and then add the salt? I have nothing at all in the tank and won't be adding anything for at least a week....so I will have plenty of time to test and make sure parameters are ok.

I don't know of any problems with that, I did the same thing with my 72G then started curing my LR.

That will be OK. Wait about a week before you add anything to make sure temp and salinity are stable.

I did that on my first 55 (no problem with it either), but I did find it easier to mix in a bucket in order to add/remove water/salt instead of having to adjust it in my tank...Like I said, it really doesn't matter either way...

That's what I plan on doing with our new frag tank. Shouldn't be any issues.

Good point on the mixing it in a bucket to adjust salinity, I had my LR coming and I checked my salinity and it was too high. My LR arrived and I had to hit the panic button and start bailing water to get my salinity right!

One other thing to add, if you are using a hydrometer, colder water will give you lower salinity readings and it drove ne nuts trying to figure out why I was using so much salt and it wan't rising very fast..... A refractometer is a good friend to have.....

Back
Top Bottom