New 150 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the glass a mag float should work just fine, or if it gets really bad a razor blade. :)

Hermits and snails (not nassarius ones though) are good algae eaters. Emerald crabs are nice to have too, they eat algae and are entertaining.

since it's such a large tank i would consider some turbo snails, they really chow down but are pretty large and can knock stuff over. lol

For the glass a mag float should work just fine, or if it gets really bad a razor blade. :)

Hermits and snails (not nassarius ones though) are good algae eaters. Emerald crabs are nice to have too, they eat algae and are entertaining.

since it's such a large tank i would consider some turbo snails, they really chow down but are pretty large and can knock stuff over. lol

:agree: Turbo Snails are great! I have 5 in my 34g, and they did an amazing job with the algae, even the cyanobacteria. They will also knock things over, as mentioned above. Mine like to push over my Zoas!:lol:

Great thanks, I actually already have all of those, I think I just need more of them I keep the glass clean on the front and sides with the Mag float but the back is dirty

Cleaning the back glass is a fruitless battle, I can assure you. LOL

I tried at first but it's really hard and in my setups not practical. That's why I paint all my tanks back glass. hehe to kinda hide the buildup. After awhile it should be covered in coralline purple so it won't really matter.

With those lights you should be able to keep alot of different corals. :-D

I always suggest the easy ones at first though, those being zooa's, leathers, flowy corals like frogspawn or hammers. Mushrooms are very low light but can add alot of color to your tank so if placed at the bottom they will do fine.
There's actually a beginner coral section on Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums you should check it out. they also will tell you placement, water flow requirements and light needs.

You can get an idea of what you want just browsing.

You can add some or they will appear as your tank matures. I added a bag in each of my fuges just because. lol But I also had them in my pico and they just "appeared".

Is it the pods + your talking about I think I may get one, also I see they have caulerpa for my refuge might as well get some of that too. I got a purple firefish, and a yellowheaded sleeper goby today, this fish tank stuff is so exciting!

I bought the regualr reef pods because at the time they didn't have the pods+. I hope to order from them in the next week or two and I planned on getting the pods+. :) yep, I;d grab the macro that you need as well, you might wanna try some chaeto algae as well.

So you got new fish and you didn't post a picture? LOL

We like pictures here :)

I already have the cheato, and I shut the lights out for the acclimation process, by the time it was time to turn them back on the moon lights were on, I'll try to get some good pics tomorrow. I don't know if shutting the lights out for a few hours after putting the new fish in was a good idea it's what I read you should do, but it seemed to stress out my other fish, my purple tang was faded and every one else was hiding next time I think I'll just leave the lights on.

Oh no, you should have the lights out or dimmed. Thats a good idea I do it myself. I just meant maybe a bag shot or something even. LOL I take pictures of my fish in the buckets while acclimating so if they turn out not to be picture friendly in the tank at least I got some kind of picture. hehe

I hope your tang doesnt get too stressed, mine are kinda skittish too.

My tang is all better she is bright purple and yellow again, not sure why she was so stressed for a minute, everyone come out from hiding once I fed them.

Back
Top Bottom