new 90g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chefbill

Aquarium Advice Freak
90g corner overflow
2 X Jebao RW-8
720 gph return
160# SouthSeas dry rock (I like it), split between DT and sump
80# sand, mostly sugar fine
30g sump
Reef Octopus Classic 150 skimmer
165w full spectrum dual channel dimmable Chinese LEDs
DIY (BRS) screen top (highly recommend if you need a top, fast, cheap and very easy)

This build was also my incentive to finally buy a RODI system too.

Planned to be a SPS heavy mixed reef. Tentitive fish stock: pair of fancy clowns, Kole tang and serveral wrasses.

Aquascape critique? Thoughts?

Attachments

• newfts.jpg
    newfts.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 109
  • newleft.jpg
    newleft.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 109
  • newright.jpg
    newright.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 114
I really like the way the scape looks from the side in that first picture... Great job.

thank you.

BTW, all the rockwork is dry stacked, no putty rods or glue. It is very strong, both top down and side to side. This rock locked together like Velcro.

In the FTS, bottom left corner, that layered rock is very cool. Looks like Pueblo mesas or something.

Love that scape!

Shep

Thank you. I was really pleased with the rock. I bought 4 40# boxes, the first was nice enough that I bought the second (and last) 40# the LFS had. I then special ordered another 80# from my wholesaler. The stuff locks together, fairly seamlessly, and makes a strong sturdy structure. There are 2 15 inch long pieces, one of which is the bridge in the center, the othere is in the right hand island. And there is another I really like the texture of...too bad will soon be covered in stuff.

Back
Top Bottom