New arrivals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willy0508

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, after almost 4 months of cycle and QT time the new arrivals are here. Both are doing well, eating good and having a good time swimming around.
Sorry for the blurry taking pics of fish is harder than kids!

Thanks, just love watching them swim. They can be real fast and have already found their fav spot in the tank.

clownfish are really a fabulous fish to watch swim, i can watch mine for hours. my even come to you when you hover over the tank and poke their heads out of the waterwhile swimming in circles <3

they were tank bred and raised and seem to be used to me after only a week. If i get close to the glass they come right up to inspect what I'm doing. probably think I'm crazy sitting there watching them for so long.

I'm thinking of getting one or two more small fish once the new skimmer comes in. What do you all suggest to go with two clowns?

what size is the the tanks?

you can't go wrong with a goby or a gramma. dotty backs are nice looking so are firefins, but watch out from what i gather firefins need a tank cover cuz they are jumpers.

blenny's are also nice and help keep sandbeds algae free

it's a 30 gal so I don't want to crowd it. And I really want to wait until the clowns settle and the new skimmer comes in to help out as the one that came on the HOB refuge is OK but not great. Working on trying to get a ten gal setup to put under the tank (very little room) so I can remove the HOB, but right now it has to suffice. I don't mind it for the extra H2O it provides but want to move it once the HOB skimmer gets here.

It skims OK but since it was given to me don't mind trying to replace it.

Thanks,
willy0508

Gti_Leo said:
what size is the the tanks?

you can't go wrong with a goby or a gramma. dotty backs are nice looking so are firefins, but watch out from what i gather firefins need a tank cover cuz they are jumpers.

blenny's are also nice and help keep sandbeds algae free

If you mean firefish I have one with an open top with no jumping problems. Once they find a hole to call home they hover over it and anything startles them they dart into it. Perhaps the jumpers are new to the tank an have no "home" to go into, not sure. I've had to move my tank twice with him in it and both time he never jumped. Maybe mines just lazy lol

Back
Top Bottom