New Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well these are my current Pictures. i spent over 4hrs last night moving rock and trying to make shure my aneome would not rome around and sting my other corals for him to just find the first place he liked lol. he has not yet moved and looks to be happy i have him on a 6hrs photo period and will slowy increase over the next few weeks. i am concerned about his mouth. he has something white coming out of it. not much just a little. look like a bubble or somthing.
well here they are

yea i had some concern about his size. but at this point i dont have the space or alowed to set up my 55g again. or i would. the lighting on my 55g so by far better i think. i like my hqi but on a 55g long 4x96watt pc light did wonders

well depending on how things go with my anemone and if it does well. i might be looking for a better home for him. so if any one lives around my area and want a cool anemone PM me . all i want to make shure of he has a good home. but u must come pick up i wont ship.

Looks very nice. Just remember when you do start adding fish that the carpet anemone is lethal to all fish except the clowns. I`ve known many people that have taken them back because they got tired of replacing fish that had died from stings from this animal. Hope all goes well.

Honestly Ziggy, it looks like trouble waiting to happen. Sorry, but the tank is just too small for a carpet anemone IMO. Besides the possible fish issues melosu mentioned, I think it's only a matter of time until a run in between the anemone and corals occurs. It most likely will not be good for the corals. Someone suggested trading it to a LFS for a BTA, and that would be a better choice IMO as well. Be sure the tank is fairly mature before adding another anemone. HTH

yea now i am worried. i might call a few friends and a not so local fish place and see if they want him. my question is how do i take him out of the tank with out hurting him?
i have to much money in this tank for him to hurt one of my other corals. not to mention i have mushrooms and polyups on the way here.
i wouldnt of even put him in the tank but the deal i made with my dads friend fel through and i had no choice to keep him.
again how could i remove him with out hurting him?

You could try posting in your regional forum and possibly get a local person to maybe even trade you.

There are a couple tricks for removing anemones. YMMV though. One is to point a small PH at it in order to make it move to the sand or a smaller rock that can easily be removed. Another I've heard of is using an ice cube to rub it's foot with. Sometimes that will get them to let go, but IME it didn't do much. Hopefully someone else can offer a few tips as well. Posting in a regional forum is a great idea.

yea . the lights just went out and its sem like its staying in the same place but extending its foot upand almost going to touch another one of my corals. this is not good.
i got to do something either tonight ot tomarrow

Back
Top Bottom